Mail Call

Special Clay Aiken Edition

Greatest Show on Earth?

Online readers respond to ” [HouStoned blog, by Olivia Flores Alvarez, March 28], about his July concert with the Houston Symphony.

Real treat: A concert with Clay is NOT to be missed. It truly is a great experience for people of all ages who appreciate wonderful music and great entertainment. We can't wait to see this show. The Houston folks are in for a real treat.

Posted by Sue | March 28, 2007

A hater: Clay Aiken sucks. Big.

Posted by Chava Grrl | March 28, 2007

Happy camper: This tour is going to be great. I am one happy camper that Clay is going to be within driving distance this year. I don't want to miss this one.

Chava Grrl...why are you here?

Posted by Brenda | March 28, 2007

Good Grrl: Chava Grrl knows what's up. All the rest of you are morons. Clay Aiken is totally gay. Not in the good, homosexual way, but in the lame way. Well, actually, maybe both.

Posted by The Duke | March 29, 2007

Clay Court

Online readers respond to “Roger Clemens and Clay Aiken Are Totally Overrated” [HouStoned Ballz blog, by John Royal, April 2].

A Claymate states: Well, opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one!

Posted by gayle | April 2, 2007

Missing out: I've seen The Beatles in concert. I was a Beatlemaniac back in the day, and I had the pleasure of seeing Sinatra — he's a family favorite. I also play Dean Martin music all the time. That being said, you might not want to hear this, but Clay Aiken is right up there with them. His voice is amazing, and his personality seals it. I feel sorry for people who don't “get it.” They don't know what they're missing!

Posted by Linda Werner | April 2, 2007

A casual fan: Clay Aiken is the best and the greatest male singer I have ever heard. Clay Aiken is my favorite male singer and male entertainer. I Love Clay Aiken! Clay Aiken Rocks!!! Clay Aiken Rules!!!

Posted by Ann | April 2, 2007

Aleather jacket? You know, those performances of Clay that you saw were the “subdued” Clay. Those were part of a script. Just go see Clay when he is NOT following a script. Check out one of his concerts, for Pete's sake!

Go download some concert performances from previous tours. He even sang an Elvis medley wearing a leather jacket!

Posted by Deb | April 2, 2007

Quite the philosopher: All of these people who keep saying you have to see Clay in concert before you can judge him are misguided and have fallen prey to a logical fallacy. It's not like Royal has never heard Clay beforeÉso he does indeed have the right to judge.

Let me put it this way: Let's say I place a piece of dookie on a plate and serve it to you for breakfast. What would you say if I said you can't say whether or not you like dookie for breakfast until you've had a bite? That would seem like a pretty stupid rule, now wouldn't it?

Posted by The Duke | April 2, 2007

Ignorant: Well, Dukie, now you're the dookie on the plate. Your ignorance is astounding.

Posted by David | April 2, 2007

Magnificent: While you have every right to your opinion, I have every right to inform you how wrong you are. Clay IS a genius. I feel sorry for you. You're missing out on something beautiful: Clay's voice, Clay's stage presence, Clay's goodness.

Thank you for giving me one less person to compete with for front-row tickets to see and hear the magnificence that is Clay.

Posted by PBR | April 2, 2007

Short and sweet: YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

Posted by Julie | April 2, 2007

See the show: Duke, tell my son that! He says he doesn't like a lot of things without one bite. Your analogy makes no sense in this case.

Try this one. You don't like hamburgers as you tried one once, plain, a little raw with a stale bun. You see the ads — double burger, melted cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, sauce — but refuse to try because of your first experience. My son would pass, but I bet most would not.

Just have a bite before you judge. Do yourself a favor and take in the concert this summer. I can honestly say, even after this blurb, if you like the greats, you WILL NOT be disappointed.

Posted by Cathy | April 3, 2007

Enter the microwaved cats: So Cathy, I guess people who have never seen long-dead performers in concert are qualified to say they don't like them. I never had the chance to see Paganini, Billie Holiday or John Lennon in concert. So does that mean, because there is no way I will ever be able to see them perform, I can never substantively say whether or not they're any good? I guess I can't say Billie Holiday is any good because I never saw, nor will I ever see, her perform.

Just try to accept the fact that not everyone will share your tastes. It's not a flaw in their logic or some deficiency in their personal experience. I'm sure some people love the sound of nails on chalkboards or the sound a cat makes when it's microwaved. Why don't you come to my office at noon, Cathy, and we'll stick a tabby in the oven. Hey — you can't say you wouldn't like the screams until you've heard them, live, yourself. Right?

Posted by Jethro Tull, Jr. | April 3, 2007

Interesting theory: If you've never been to a Clay concert, you don't know what you are missing. My guess is you only say these kinds of things about Clay to get hits in your blog. Okay, you got mine. Happy?

Posted by Lucia | April 3, 2007

Um, wow:Clay Aiken has had to go through so much crap with the blatant lies in the media, and I think of him with this quote:

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” — Martin Luther King Jr.

CLAY AIKEN stands head and shoulders above the rest!

Posted by Kayla | April 3, 2007