5 Kids Games to Ban: Inspired by the Silly HOA That Outlawed Chalk Drawing
The age of common sense has apparently expired.
In what could be the most ridiculous example of an overbearing homeowners association, an HOA in Denver, Colorado has banned children from fun.
As of Wednesday, kids in the Stapleton neighborhood are no longer allowed to draw chalk art of hearts and stars and little ponies on the sidewalks. (Because the better alternative is to stay indoors and play video games?)
"Citing complaints from neighbors, the HOA said the chalk art potentially offends, disturbs or interferes with the 'peaceful enjoyment' of the community and is not allowed," reported Graham Wood of AOL.com when the ban was first explored.
Why should the Innovations and Courtyard Traditions at Stapleton HOA stop there? Here are five more kids games that should also be axed and some of the methodology behind the bans.
5. Hopscotch Like sidewalk chalk art, the court that's outlined on the pavement is urban blight at its worst.
4. Duck, Duck, Goose There's the potential for concussions with the head taps, not to mention labeling a kid a "duck" or "goose" is the ultimate act of barbarism.
3. Clapping Game When the claps don't sync up to nursery rhymes like "Pattycake," the cacophony could inspire the young boy or girl to pursue a career in punk rock or other acts of anarchy.
2. Rock, Paper, Scissors Slamming a fist into your own palm before unveiling the hand formation of a rock, a piece of paper or a pair of scissors could initiate the early stages of carpal tunnel syndrome.
1. Throwing a Ball Against a Wall If the child throws a tennis ball against the wall of a house, there's probably a subtle message contained in his or her little brain that they want to knock down the house. We must stop the criminal mischief and pronto!
Get the Theater Newsletter
Get a rundown of upcoming theater events and ticket deals in Houston.
More Arts News
- What Would Francis Think? The Peanuts Gang Celebrates 50 Years of That ‘Big Eastern...
Tue., Dec. 8, 7:30pm
Sat., Dec. 19, 3:00pm
Sat., Dec. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Dec. 27, 2:00pm
- Shawn Artis: Putting Together Some Via Colori Artwork [VIDEO]
- Can You Solve the Puzzle?