Best Badass Hair Dye Jobs in the Movies for Your Viewing Pleasure and Inspiration
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
I personally love dying my hair. Although I never go crazy with the colors. Being a brunette, I tend to go for safe chestnut colors or reds. But like a lot of chicks I've always had a secret desire to dye my hair some off-the-wall color. So when I see someone in a movie looking bad ass with bad ass hair color it sticks with me and makes me rethink trying something new. So hopefully to inspire fellow chickadees to take a chance and try something different here are some of girls and women in movies I think have rocked the best dyed dos.
6. Scarlett Johansson in Lucy... So I can say I've not really been a big fan of ScarJo... but she won me over when I saw her recently in Luc Besson's Lucy and I think part of the reason was due to her hair. I've thought about going blond in the past and Scarlett's messy blond bob with brunette roots has got me thinking about it again.
5. Natalie Portman in Closer... All right so Natalie Portman is technically wearing a wig in this edgy flick about relationships in which she plays an illusive stripper named Jane. But this sexy pink bob looked so good on her that I had to mention it. I've seen many people try to pull off pink... Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Gwen Stefani (who actually did look good), but Portman I think pulled it off the best.
4. Thora Birch in Ghost World... Originally I was just going to mention Thora Birch's mega awesome green hair, but I loved her jet black bob in this indie flick so much that I had to include it as well. Birch played a character that reminded me of someone I would have hung out with in high school. Her character was cool, self-aware and above the typical social rules that others blindly live by. This is one of Birch's best roles and I think part of the credit has to go to her locks.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
3. Kate Winslet in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind... Winslet did awesome in this sad flick in which she played Clementine, an unpredictable and eccentric woman who erases her memory after a bad breakup. One of the many reasons I loved this movie and remember it was Winslet's constantly changing hair color. She looked awesome with all of them, but it was her orangey-red color that I think suited her best and accentuated Clementine's crazy personality.
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
2. Mary Elizabeth Winstead in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World... I love all of the many colors that Winstead sported in this weird gamer type of movie in which Winstead played the object of geeky Scott Pilgrim's affection. But out of all of the colors she donned, I found I was jealous of her blue do the most.
The Fifth Element
1. Milla Jovovich in The Fifth Element... This Luc Besson sci-fi flick is super old, but I can still remember even as a little girl I thought Jovovich was soo pretty in this movie as Leeloo, a gorgeous super alien chick and I knew I was going to have her stunning orange hair when I grew up one day.
Get the Theater Newsletter
Get a rundown of upcoming theater events and ticket deals in Houston.