East Coast Earthquake: Our 10 Favorite Tweets
Do I even need to go into how there was an earthquake on the East Coast today?
So, there was an earthquake on the East Coast today -- a 5.8 magnitude earthquake, to be precise, and now that everyone's an expert on everything since Twitter got started, we went to the microblogging site to find what people were saying about the natural disaster. Turns out, the quake did cause some minor damage, enough to cause some Safeways to close for the day (I guess they wanted to be "safe") and to shake some pieces off The National Cathedral in Washington, D.C. (the epicenter was in Mineral, Virginia).
Here are ten of the best tweets from the day:
10. John Hodgman: "This guy in the cafe and I agree that we liked the earthquake when it first started. But now it's like, the wrong people are into it."
9. Nicole Polizzi (Sn00ki): "Omg earthquakeeeee"
8. Judah Friedlander: "Sorry for the earthquake NYC, I just did a couple of intense jumping jacks."
7. John Martin: "So @PitchforkMedia gives this #earthquake a 5.8. Derivative of earlier work, not as powerful as could be. #overit"
6. Joel Johnson: "New York earthquakes are better because of our thinner crust."
5. Joe Veix: Due to the earthquake, the threat level in Brooklyn has risen from Eye Roll to Shrug.
4. Joe Veix (again): Sources claim the Washington Monument is tilting to the left, but doctors insist it can still have a healthy sex life.
3. Oprah Reads The News: EARTHQUAKES FOR EVVVVVeeerrryyyyOOOOnnnneeeeeee!!! New York gets an earthquake, DC gets an earthquake, Virginia gets an earthquake...
2. Alex Pareene: I think Chris Christie just jumped into the race.
1. Victor Abiamiri: Insert earthquake tweet here
Get the Theater Newsletter
Get a rundown of upcoming theater events and ticket deals in Houston.