All about the Internet we keep reading about the ridiculously hot Ryan Gosling/Carey Mulligan make out scene in the upcoming movie Drive. We've watched the exclusive clip (multiple times) and we will concur; it's pretty steamy.
Gosling is no stranger to legendary necking. His movie The Notebook tops most romantic movie lists and the famous kissing-in-the-rain scene has spoiled women's perception of what kissing is really like, for decades to come.
Hollywood has given us plenty of fabulous Frenching over the years (with the majority of it happening during torrential downpours). Here are Art Attack's Top Ten Best Movie Kissing Scenes.
10. From Here To Eternity Burt Lancaster looks like he is going to literally suck Deborah Kerr's face off, which, according to her, no one has ever done before.
9. E.T. Sometimes it take a few brews to have the courage to plant one on your dream girl, and this moment in E.T. takes the cake for smooching bravado.
8. Breakfast at Tiffany's In this lovely ending scene, the troubled Holly Golightly finally comes to her senses and embraces normality, her cat and her love for Paul.
7. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back "I love you... I know." 'Nuff said.
6. Wet Hot American Summer This make out between Paul Rudd and Elizabeth Banks is so nasty, and the fact that children keep drowning while it's going on only makes it that much better. Being dumped because you "taste like burger?" Best break-up line ever.
5. Brokeback Mountain This scene tears through your core. Heath Ledger was a brilliant actor, and this scene is a reminder of his skill.
4. Cinema Paradiso This final scene from the Italian classic Cinema Paradiso is a double-punch. The scene itself is a montage of famous movie kisses, but it is the meaning behind the moment that you fall in love with.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
3. Some Kind of Wonderful After this "practice" kiss between Eric Stoltz and Mary Stuart Materson,Lea Thompson had no chance (no matter how hot she was in 1987).
2. Rocky Rocky and Adrienne are so into each other they fall down on the floor. Pretend you don't want a kiss like that.
1. Amelie Amelie spends the entire movie trying to find the mysterious man from the photo booth. When she finally finds him, it is perfection. Vous ne pensez pas?
Honorable Mentions: Casablanca - "Kiss me as if it were the last time" Spiderman - The upside down kissing scene When Harry Met Sally - finally a kiss! Annie Hall - When they kiss to get it "over with." The end scenes of Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club and pretty much any other '80s teen movie.