Must Read Now: Nine Fashion Reads to Help You Avoid Work
What do you get when you combine spring and pre-fall runway shows, awards season, and a deep desire to avoid doing actual work? Why, a round-up of the best, most beautiful, most time-wasting articles about fashion and beauty, THAT'S what.
In addition to the good, bad, and ugly of the SAG and Golden Globes, we have a few great celebrity profiles, a three-article series on choosing foundation, and a movie wardrobe's journey from page to screen.
Surrender your productivity.
Into the Gloss
Technically, you should read this every single day, without missing one article. Everything is always perfect: the cosmetics reviews, the celeb spotlights, and especially the trend alerts. Here are a few of the most recent articles to catch our eye:
• Getting Ready with Lady Mary: Check out the pre-SAG routine for Downton Abby actress (and side/under-boob activist) Michelle Dockery.
The cover story is always a good place to start, but Vogue always has a few gems in their slideshow selection to keep us busy shopping the rest of the day.
• Rooney Mara: The Changeling: It's nice to read an article about a star--not a starlet--and learn a little something, because we don't already know everything about her.
• Jean Paul Gaultier's Spring 2013 Couture show is, in a word, breathtaking.
• Former Cover Girl Drew Barrymore rolls out her own line of makeup, available exclusively at WalMart.
Vanity Fair is usually best-read in "real" magazine form, but this article by Julie Miller has a don't-miss slideshow, showing how the sketches came to costume life for the film Anna Karenina.
Go Fug Yourself
Read. Everything. The coverage since the Golden Globes has been incredible, and since the SAGs were just this past Sunday there is tons of fresh content. Proceed with caution--you will do no more work today once you click on this link.
Get the Theater Newsletter
Get a rundown of upcoming theater events and ticket deals in Houston.
More Arts News
- Shawn Artis: Putting Together Some Via Colori Artwork [VIDEO]
Tue., Dec. 8, 7:30pm
Sat., Dec. 19, 3:00pm
Sat., Dec. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Dec. 27, 2:00pm
- Can You Solve the Puzzle?
- Is It Ok For Westerners To Practice Yoga? The Murky Waters Of Cultural Appropriation.