Thank You, Trashy Pop Culture!
We are grateful that this happened.
This is the time of year when friends and family come together to express their gratitude for being in each other's lives. It's a time to forget the cares of the world and eat lots of pie. At Art Attack, we have many thanks; much of our thanks come from a good place like caring about art and stuff, and then we are also thankful for all the pop culture hot messes that have occurred this year because they have given us something to write about.
Thank you, trashy culture; where would we be without you?
8. Arnold Schwarzenegger's Nanny Debacle
When theGovernator came ou
t with the news that he had a secret love child with his children's nanny, it was genuinely surprising. Of all the men to cheat, Arnie never fit the bill; he's married to a Kennedy. I wonder if when his nanny broke the news he asked her if it might just be a tumor?
7. Kate Middleton's Boobs
Thanks Kate for being so oblivious to the fact that you are one of the most well-known people in the world and if you prance around in your birthday suit no one would be hiding in your yard to snap a photo.
6. Courtney Stodden Doing Anything
What is America's fascination with Courtney Stodden? Who knows and who cares.Anytime we write about her
we get lots of page views, so keep on doing that thing you do, Stodden.
5. Prince Harry Getting Hammered
Prince Harry is a swinging, single dude. Why shouldn't he go to Vegas, get rip-roaringly drunk and hop in a pool with Ryan Lochte? Tell me you wouldn't challenge Lochte to a freestyle competition if you were wasted in a pool in Vegas and really rich. And then tell me you wouldn't go take naked pictures of yourself with a bunch of hotties. You would. 4. Kristen Stewart Cheats on Robert Pattinson
Believe it or not, the vampire-lover played patty-cake with her Snow White and the Huntsman director Rupert Sanders back in July. It is now November, and we are still talking about this shit.
3. Snookie Has a Baby
Robot/aliens can have babies?
Some of us are still reeling from the fact that Snookie is an actual person and not a robot-alien designed to water down the intelligence of the American public. But given the fact that she has reproductive organs, seemingly, there is no way she is a replicant. Or, maybe populating the world with offspring is the way she will dumb down society. Well played, Nicole, well played.
2. Lindsay Lohan Does It Again (it doesn't matter what "it" is)
Lohan has made many a blunder over the course of her young life, so it is no shock that she should have hadyet another this past year
. Her latest mess (or maybe she's had another since) involved sideswiping a club owner with a borrowed Porsche. After "grazing" the knee of the gentleman, she took off, just like a celebrity who is followed by a million photographers should do when they hit a pedestrian. And for that, we thank her.
1. Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise Call It QuitsWas anyone surprised that this marriage found its way into the crapper? Surely we saw this one a mile away, but did anyone see it happening how it did? The sneaking around, the secret divorce, the running away in the middle of the night, it is as if she had another guy in her pocket. In reality, Katie was just running away from Xenu, the dictator of the "Galactic Confederacy." I wonder if the Cheaters show could have seen that with their night-vision goggles?
Get the Theater Newsletter
Get a rundown of upcoming theater events and ticket deals in Houston.
More Arts News
- Watch These Two Young Stars in A Christmas Story the Musical
Sat., Dec. 19, 3:00pm
Sat., Dec. 19, 7:00pm
Sun., Dec. 27, 2:00pm
Sat., Jan. 16, 8:00pm
- Art League Houston Breaks Through Walls to Give Indebted Artists a Voice
- The 5 Best Things to Do in Houston This Weekend: Romeo & Juliet, Slade Ham and More