Hey, so are you obsessed with all things geek? Good. So are we.
We love geek culture, from Avatar "A" to Zelda "Z." In fact, we love nerdy nerd stuff so much that we wanted to know how to create our own nerd paraphernalia. Luckily, Instructables, the old school website full of, well, instructions on how to craft cool stuff, was around to school us on just how to do such a thing.
But as awesome as Instructables can be, digging around for crafty nerd projects can become quite the task. After all, there are projects on everything from "how to finger-knit a shawl" to "how to bling out a cat house," which makes uncovering those instructions on how to make Dr Who canvas shoes quite the task.
No worries, though. We dug around for you to find the 10 best nerd-themed crafts on Instructables. If this doesn't bring out your inner pocket-protector-lover, we're not sure what will.
Nerd away, folks. Everyone needs a Game Of Thrones dragon egg, right?
10. Monster Egg Pendant We don't know what you'd need a monster egg pendant for, or why, but if you've ever wanted to throw together something as awesome as a tiny monster peeking out of an egg -- on a pendant, no less -- well, then this is the Instructable for you. That wee little monster really is kind of cute, isn't he, with those big ol' metallic eyes and all? We'd totally rock this pendant, even if we're unsure of what it is we're actually reppin'. We're brave like that.
9. Laser Crown There are so many nerdy uses for a laser crown -- like so many uses! -- but ultimately, those uses are up to you to decide. Want to jazz up your Princess Peach costume, or perhaps add a bit of pizzaz to that Zelda costume? Well, who's stopping you now that you've got a fancy laser crown to do just that? No one, that's who. You'll be the queen -- or king -- of the nerdy nerd prom when you throw this glowing beacon on top of that already legit costume. Unstoppable? That's you.
8. Super Mario Rhinestone Cuff Nothing is cooler than Super Mario, unless of course it's Super Mario in bling, and then it's almost too cool for life. And that's exactly what is happening here -- this Super Mario cuff is fancier than fancy, what with its rhinestones bling-bling-blindin' and all -- which means you should totally wear it to those gamer tournaments you're prone to attending. It'll literally blind the competition. Not that you needed any help, mind you. We think you're plenty shiny already. This story continues on the next page.
7. Super Mario Fire Flower Hey, so are you missing that green thumb required of all the fancy gardeners? Well, screw it. We are too. Luckily, you don't need that stupid green thumb, because you've got this little Super Mario Fire Flower to show off your insane gardening skillz. Forget the water and the chlorophyll; all you need to build this awesome fire flower is a little bit of nerd power, and luckily, you've got plenty of that. You may even have enough nerd power stowed away to build two, you rockin' little brainiac, you.
6. Junkbot In Resin Oh, look! It's a tiny junkbot! In resin! If you get around to making one of these uber-cute guys for your desk, would you do us a solid and make a brother junkbot for us too? We're not nearly as handy as you, and we kind of love this, so bringing our junkbot to life is a nerdy task that's all on you.
5. Portal Bookends These portal bookends need no explanation. They just need you getting to work, cowboy. The books must have portals to end them, or your geek-cave is not fully complete. Now go on and do it.
This story continues on the next page.
4. Daedric Lava Whiskey Hey, so you know how on The Elder Scrolls, only one Daedric Lava Whiskey potion can be located once you activate Rindsey's tombstone? Like, no matter how much time passes? Well, we've basically lifehacked that for you by way of this Instructable. You can make your own Daedric Lava Whiskey, and you can relocate it time and time again. Unfortunately, we haven't quite figured out how to get our Lava Whiskey into the game, but it'll serve you well IRL, too.
3. R2D2 Lamp While we can lead you horses to the R2D2 lamp (by way of Instructables), we can't make it blink. Or make noises, for that matter. It's still a really awesome lamp, even without the sound effects, and since it's basically like a $10 IKEA lamp all gussied up to look like it came off a Star Wars set, you won't even care that it's not communicating with you.
2. Dr Who Watch Uh, yeah. Just go check it out. If you've got the steady hand to make this bad boy appear, you'll win all the Tardis always. We want, bad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
This story continues on the next page.
1. Star Wars X-34 Landspeeder Listen, whoever this dad is, he deserves an award. This Star Wars Landspeeder is legit, man. We know this one is meant for a six-year-old, but does anyone know how to make one for an adult? We can already picture ourselves rolling along.