John Royal’s Pigheaded Pigskin Picks, Week Six: Loving and Hating the Cowboys
Man, do I suck at picking football games or what? But I’m nothing if not pigheaded. After last week’s debacle, I stand at 30-46 on the season. I don’t give up easily though. So let’s give it another shot, shall we...
1. The Texans are 6.5 points underdogs to the Jaguars. Ahman Green’s supposed to be healthy. Travis Johnson’s ready to taunt new people. And Jacksonville’s really a disappointing team. But the last time I picked the Texans they lost to the Joey Harrington-led Falcons. So I’m picking the Jaguars.
2. The Patriots are favored by 5.5 points over the Cowboys. The Patriots have been demolishing every team they’ve played. And the Cowboy’s needed a defensive coordinator who’s never heard of the word “blitz” to beat the Bills. But, and damn I hate doing it, I’m taking the Cowboys in the upset of the week.
3. The Cardinals are 4 point favorites over the Panthers. Matt Leinart broke his collarbone and is out for the season. Which is no big deal in that Kurt Warner had pretty much replaced him already. David Carr’s QBing the Panthers. And he’s not been able to practice this week. His backup is the newly signed Vinny Testarverde. Take the Cards.
Kelsea Ballerini - The First Time Tour
TicketsWed., Dec. 14, 7:00pm
Rice Owls Mens Basketball vs. St. Edward's University Hilltoppers Men's Basketball
TicketsThu., Dec. 15, 11:45am
MIX 96.5 Not So Silent Night with Train and Fitz & the Tantrums
TicketsThu., Dec. 15, 8:00pm
Flosstradamus - Hi Def Youth Tour 2016
TicketsFri., Dec. 16, 8:00pm
4. The Ravens are favored by 9.5 points over the Rams. The Rams suck. But I just don’t like the Ravens. I just can’t believe in this team. Take the Rams to keep it close.
5. The Bears are favored by 5.5 points over the Vikings. I know the Vikings have sucked this season. But so have the Bears. And I like the Viking running game. Take the Vikings.
6. The Bengals are favored by 3 points over the Chiefs. Hey, a Bengal got suspended this week. Things are back to normal. Take the Bengals.
7. The Browns are favored to defeat the Dolphins by 4.5 points. How dare Trent Green suffer a concussion and make Travis Johnson look like a prick. But the anger felt by the Dolphins isn’t enough. The Browns win.
8. The Redskins are 3 point underdogs to the Packers. The Brett Favre from last season showed up last week. Which one shows up this week? I’m taking the Redskins.
9. The Jets are favored by 3 points over the Eagles. Does anyone outside of the Northeast or the Las Vegas sports book really care about this game? Take the Jets.
10. The Raiders are 9.5 point underdogs to the Chargers. I don’t care what the Chargers did last week. I think the Raiders want to get revenge against Norv Turner. And Dante Culpepper is settling scores. Take the Raiders.
11. The Seahawks are favored by 6.5 points over the Saints. The Saints are returning to the days of the ‘Aints. And the Seahawks looked awful last week. Take the Saints to get within the point spread.
12. The Titans are 3 point underdogs to the Bucs. I believe in Vince Young. I believe in Jeff Fisher. I don’t believe in Jeff Garcia. Take the Titans.
13. The Giants are 3.5 point favorites over the Falcons. Wow, did they stick an awful game on Monday night. Take the Giants. -- John Royal
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Houston, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.