Ten Performers Besides Bruce Springsteen Who Were Considered for the Super Bowl
Nope. Not this year.
As you are now probably aware, Bruce Springsteen has been chosen to be the half time performer at the upcoming Super Bowl. I like this decision as I’m a fan of The Boss. But what many of you don’t know is that Bruce wasn’t the first choice of the NFL. I did a little looking around and found these notes from the discussion.
10. If the Dallas Cowboys make the Super Bowl, then how about Tony Romo’s ex-girlfriend, Carrie Underwood?
9. How about The Eagles? They’ll do anything if the paycheck is big enough.
TicketsTue., Jan. 24, 7:00pm
The Curious Incident of the Dog In the Night-Time (Touring)
TicketsTue., Jan. 24, 7:30pm
U Of H Men's Basketball Chart
TicketsTue., Jan. 24, 8:00pm
Rice Owls Mens Basketball vs. Old Dominion Monarchs Basketball
TicketsThu., Jan. 26, 7:00pm
8. Since the NFL has this thing for aging 60s-era rockers like Paul McCartney and The Rolling Stones, then how about grabbing The Who before Daltrey and Townshend die?
6. How about that Eminem kid? He looks clean-cut and the youngsters seem to like to him.
5. Well, the Foo Fighters would have been a good choice, but those guys at the Houston Press don’t like them, so…forget the Foo Fighters.
4. How about that Celine Dion? She’s used to performing nonsense and spectacle in front of idiots paying way too much money for a ticket. And she might help us with the French-Canadian audience.
3. If the Cowboys make it, then how about Tony Romo’s current girlfriend, Jessica Simpson?
2. How about the Pussycat Dolls? Then we won’t have to worry about half time competition from the Lingerie Bowl.
-- John Royal
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Houston, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.