BCO Bikes, Bats, Brews & Bcycles - all on Buffalo Bayou!
September 16, 2017 – 7:15 PM to 10:30 PM
Fonde Center Parking Lot
110 Sabine St
Houston, TX 77007
Join us for Bats, Bikes, BCycles & Brews on our beautiful Buffalo Bayou!
Meet at 7:15 PM in back of the Fonde Community Center’s Parking Lot behind Sabine Lofts along the bayou located at 110 Sabine St, Houston, TX 77007 – Meet at 7:15 and roll out at 7:45
Houston, a bayou runs through it! Buffalo Bayou runs right down the middle of our city and is home to over a quarter of a million Mexican Free tail Bats. These bats live under Waugh Street bridge and come out at sunset to dine on our local mosquito population – Go Bats, Go!
Plus, we now have a beautiful, well-paved path that runs the length of the bayou from Shepherd Street bridge all the way to downtown and back. It makes for a wonderful evening cycle. Add to that our stable of BCycles (rental bikes stationed all over the central city) and you have the makings for an awesome evening bike ride!
Join Bayou City Outdoors as we lead the group for an easy 6 – 8-mile ride stopping for about 30 minutes to watch the bats pour out and then onto to downtown for the adventurous. We’ll stop at a local watering hole and be back by 10:30. If 10:30 is past your bedtime, we will be stopping at our parking lot on the way downtown to drop off our early birds.
What you need to know:
- All types of bikes welcome, cruisers, hybrids, and mountain bikes make for a little easier city ride.
- Bcycles are available around our start – they will sell out so check their site, download the “where’s a BCycle app” and pedal over. https://houston.bcycle.com/station-map
- Helmets required (we will have a few loaners for BCO members at the start)
- Lights & reflectors are a really good idea...
-Parking at Lot H behind the Fonde Center, roughly the corner of Memorial & Sabine Street,
110 Sabine St.
- We meet at 7:15 and roll out at 7:45
-The ride is approximately 8+ miles
- The path is paved http://buffalobayou.org/visit/
RSVP at http://bit.ly/2smj7L1 for a head count. Bring money for drinks and food after the Bat Viewing. Additional info e-mail to email@example.com
Get your copy of Houston A to Z while it lasts. You'll find 8 pages of the coolest, the curious, the gems and the underground of our town. It's everything you need to know to be a Houston aficionado and it's completely FREE - today! http://bit.ly/2gCCaIy