You'll be making:
- Homemade Salad Dressings (basic vinaigrettes, caesar, jalapeno ranch, and garlic & honey mustard)
- Classic Mother Sauces (veloute, mayo, hollandaise, bechamel, tomato, and espagnole)
- Small Sauces (take the mother sauces and blend them into delicous combinations for your meals. Adding one ingredient makes the sauce something completely different!)
- Roux (learn the art of roux-making and thickening agents)
- Relishes, Chutneys, Condiments (will be discusses and recipes will be provided)
- Stock your pantry and know what equipment to buy for your kitchen
(there will be chicken, beef, and pasta in the class so you can try your sauces with food to see how the pair)
In our Sauces Fundamentals class, you will learn basic items to keep in your fridge, freezer, and pantry in order to make delicious meals at any time. You'll also learn how to make classic mother sauces to manipulate into small sauces and basic vinaigrettes and dressings that will make you never want to buy store bought dressings again. We'll also discuss some great kitchen equipment every good chef should have to complete meals that are beautiful and tasty enough to serve to the finest of company or for just everyday. This class is great for those looking to add flavor and excitement into their meals - a great foundation for all cooks, new and old.
Using sauces takes you to the next level of cooking. Learning sauces also really teaches you how to taste! Also, how to adjust your food so that is goes from dull and boring to something so much more interesting.