Local senior living community, Pathways Memory Care at Villa Toscana, announces a free showing of the documentary, Alive Inside: A Story of Music and Memory on May 11, 2017. The uplifting film takes caregivers on a journey to awaken many of those we’ve “lost” with music triggered memories.
Alive Inside, which won the 2014 Sundance Film Festival Audience Award for Best U.S. Documentary, is designed to bring awareness and hope for caregivers of those afflicted with Alzheimer’s or dementia.
• More than 360,000 people in Texas suffer from memory loss.
• Texas ranks fourth in the number of Alzheimer’s Disease cases (Texas Department of Health & Human Services, September 2016)
• Women are considered the epicenter of the disease and are more likely to have other dementias.
• More than one million family members are impacted.
• In Texas, 1.4 million unpaid caregivers provided care to the 350,000 with Alzheimer’s Disease in 2015 (Texas Department of Health & Human Services, September 2016)
• Music is proven to help patients with memory issues.
• Memory care facilities, like Pathways, offer innovative and holistic music programs that can improve memory.
Who: Pathways Memory Care at Villa Toscana and caregivers, family, and friends of those suffering from Alzheimer’s and Dementia
What: Presentation of Sundance Award Winning Documentary, Alive Inside (78 minutes)
Why: To offer hope and help for families and caregivers working with individuals with Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
When: Thursday, May 11, 2017; 7 p.m.
Where: Pathways Memory Care at Villa Toscana’s The Courtyard of Magnolia 2930 Cypress Meadows Dr. Houston, TX 77014
Cost: Free and Open to the Public; popcorn, candy and beverages will be provided