The Chinese Community Center (CCC) is a United Way of Greater Houston agency that aims to bridge East and West by providing comprehensive educational, cultural, and social service programs that meet the needs of people at any stage of life—from infants to the elderly. CCC’s programs, which serve more than 10,000 people a year, are inclusive and open to people of any race or ethnicity, and CCC is unique among Houston nonprofits for having the staff and experience needed to offer culturally appropriate care to the Asian American population, one of the fastest-growing racial groups in the city. CCC’s services are focused on the following areas:
• supporting the learning and positive development of at-risk youth, many of whom are immigrants and/or from low- to moderate-income households;
• helping adults from low- to moderate-income households and/or with limited English proficiency achieve financial stability;
• helping immigrants integrate successfully into American society;
• supporting healthy, active, and independent lifestyles for older adults and people with disabilities; and
• promoting cultural awareness and appreciation for Houston’s diversity.