Event Name- OR - Select an option below
Sengelmann Hall was built in 1894 as a dance hall, saloon, biergarten and cafe by Charles and Gus Sengelmann, immigrants from Hamburg, Germany. The Hall was operated through the Great Depression until WWII. The downstairs Victorian saloon and dining room were used as an auto parts store for the next five decades. The once popular upstairs dance hall was all but a distant memory for the community. In the fall of 2007, painstaking reconstruction began in efforts to return Sengelmann Hall to its original splendor. The doors opened once again in June 2009 with weekly entertainment and great food, not to mention, trendy pre-prohibition cocktails served in the saloon. The Award winning, Sengelmann Hall has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places for its architectural merit as well as for the historic role it has played in its community.