Bayou Beat: More Live Nation Ticket Deals, I.J. Gosey at Discovery Green, Bob Fuldauer Leaves Meridian, Tony Campise In Serious Condition
- We have a winner in our Live Nation "Club Passport" photo contest - we think - but are still awaiting a judge's ruling. Stay tuned.
- Live Nation has expanded its "No Service Fee" promotion once again, to include pretty much every show coming to House of Blues or Verizon Wireless Theater: Mat Kearney, Hanson, Peaches, Three 6 Mafia/Rakim, Stryper(!), Bob Saget, Raphael Saadiq, Cafe Tacuba, Anvil, O.A.R., Regina Spektor, 311 and our pals the Pogues, to name a few. Tickets range from $10-30; see www.livenation.com to purchase and for more information.
- Houston guitarist and onetime Peacock Records session player I.J. Gosey plays this week's installment of "Blues and Burgers" noon today at Discovery Green. Free.
- Citing health reasons, Bob Fuldauer has liquidated his stock in Meridian and has not been associated with the Old Chinatown concert hall for several weeks. Fuldauer, who continues to do some promotion for the Arena Theatre (including Dwight Yoakam November 21), says he is working on a new project he will announce once he's feeling better. Get well soon, man.
- Speaking of health problems, decorated Texas jazz musician Tony Campise fell and hit his head outside his Corpus Christi hotel last week while in town for the Corpus Christi Jazz Festival. Campise suffered severe brain damage and was operated on at Christus Spohn Memorial Hospital, where he has shown some improvement - responding to visitors, who are welcome - but remains in very serious condition and is not expected to ever be able to perform again. See more information at the "Tony Campise Friends" Facebook page.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene with music features, additional online music listings and show picks. We'll also send special ticket offers and music promotions available only to our Music Newsletter subscribers.