Coachella: 10 Hot, Sweaty, Silly Dances, in GIF Form
Note: This was written by LA Weekly's Rebecca Haithcoat -- ed.
During Coachella's second weekend, temperatures topped 100 degrees every day. Yet somehow folks were dancing even crazy-er!
Most just stripped down and let the sweat flow. Here are the ten funkiest, silliest Coachella dancers we saw, in GIF form!
They inspired us to get down our own self.
10. Freak Yo Friend: Shade was at a premium this weekend. If your friend offered to stand behind you, and the only price was that she got to freak your head, well, that was a bargain.
9. Shimmy Shimmy Ya: Somehow she didn't even break a sweat. We got hot just watching her.
8. Heel, Ball, Change: We were hoping this dude was about to break out into a full Savion Glover tap routine.
7. Dancers in the Dark: Those who brought in foam bodysuits were super committed to the cause.
6. Parasol Dancing: Now if she could moonwalk with that thing we'd really have something.
5. Flower Girl: We think we saw this dance in an old black and white movie. Only, there were subtle differences in the costuming.
4. Bro-Down: The dance says "Cotton-Eyed Joe," but the music was Manchester Orchestra, who should feel lucky to have fans who so completely lose their shit at their shows.
3. Yogi Breaker: This guy couldn't decide whether to do yoga or the Robot. So he just mashed that shit up.
2. Churning Butter: No need to hit the dairy aisle tonight!
1. Stomp the Yard: We were minding our own business when out of nowhere, this kid became a one-man flash mob. And then he was gone, as quickly as he came.
See also: Complete Coachella Coverage
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.