Coachella: The Buzzcocks' Steve Diggle Beats the Heat
Meranda Carter Buzzcocks guitarist Steve Diggle braving the elements.
As a veteran of the punk-rock circuit and festival scene, Diggle knows a thing or two about surviving in the elements. Here are the five ways to defeat the heat like a punk rocker.
5. Drink Champagne!: "There's nothing quite like champagne to get you through the day faster. It will take you to another universe and goes down smoother than a couple of pints. A few glasses of champagne will get you going and the heat will be the last thing on your mind."
4. Smoke cigarettes!: "When you're having a smoke, in our experiences, it will keep your mind off being dehydrated. Cigarettes and champagne provide the rocket fuel to get you going."
Sabrina Carpenter: The De-Tour
TicketsSun., Jul. 30, 7:00pm
I Love The 90's: The Party Continues Tour
TicketsSun., Jul. 30, 7:30pm
2 Chainz - Pretty Girls Like Trap Music Tour 2017
TicketsFri., Aug. 4, 7:00pm
TicketsSat., Aug. 5, 8:00pm
Summer Slaughter Tour
TicketsMon., Aug. 7, 2:00pm
3. Use Mind Over Matter: "When we're onstage, the heat is the last thing on our mind. You can't stand there thinking about it (the heat). Punk rock is about attitude and there's a way to find the heat spiritually without it bothering you. By not thinking about it, you're kicking its ass without even knowing it. Just embrace it."
2. Get Naked: "If you're hot, there's no better way to say 'fuck it' than whipping off your tops and knickers. Wave them around; not giving a shit is the way to go."
1. Drink MORE Champagne: "Champagne is the best because it gets you going faster. Margaritas are good as well. Both will get you through to the next day without ever remembering how hot it was when you were drinking. Don't worry about getting dehydrated; it's going to happen one way or another. You might as well have fun."
*Complete Coachella coverage
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Houston, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.