Drenched in Blog: Top Five Videos of 2007
These are my favorite videos of the past year. This was the first year when we all stopped waiting on people like MTV and Fuse to give us what we wanted; now we all just YouTube everything. We don't have to sit through Tila Tequila sifting through porno industry rejects and listen to a bunch of valley girls eating in dark restaurants talking about boys in trucker hats with STD's. It's a brave new world, my friends.
1. Kanye West, "Can't Tell Me Nothing" Zach Galifianakis with a Band-Aid on his beard, down on the farm. What else do you need? People riding on tractors? Done!
2. Jarvis Cocker, "Don't Let Him Waste Your Time" Three minutes of the ex-Pulp frontman terrorizing London in a cab. It reminds of the openings to all the "Naked Gun" movies.
3. The Dimes, "Delilah" The Dimes may not be "the Dimes" this time next year, but this video will always remind me of getting older dudes to buy me beer. I miss the Power Mart in Friendswood. On a side note, can't we get a posse together and drive to Oregon to kick the other Dimes' asses? We are from Texas after all, right? It's time to exercise our indie rage on some bitches! Remember the Alamo!
4. The White Stripes, "Icky Thump" Even with one eye, I still love Meg. Even if she is a Tijuana hooker. And believe me, they know how to party. I have an appointment at the free clinic on Thursday to prove it.
5. Justin Timberlake, "What Goes Around Comes Around" The moral of this story is that if you aren't man enough to tame Scarlett Johansson, she will die in a horrific, fiery car crash. I'd post the video, but it would violate the restraining order. – Craig Hlavaty
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.