Fifteen Of Our Favorite Cheating Songs
Songwriters find inspiration many of life's varied realms: Joy, grief, sex, drugs, anger and, evidently, two-timing. Some are sad, some cheeky, some violent and revengeful, but we've collected a sad-sack grab-bag of cheating-related songs.
Here is our Top 15, along with their lyrics' best (read: worst) lines.
15. Justin Timberlake, "Cry Me a River": Of course, the song's video advances "Cry Me a River" on our list, if only for the Britney Spears lookalike Timberlake cast shortly after the couple broke up amid rumors of infidelity on Britney's end. Oh. Snap.
You don't have to say what you did/ I already found out from him.
14. Soko, "I'll Kill Her": Although her lyrics are humorous, hurt and deceit - and yes, a desire to kill her ex's new squeeze - permeate Soko's song.
You never called me back/ You were dating that bleach-blonde girl/ If I find her, I swear, I'll kill her.
13. Paula Abdul, "Cold Hearted Snake": Providing us with perhaps the greatest cheating analogy in song, ever. Thanks, Paula!"
"All the world's a candy store/ He's been trick-or-treating."
12. Amy Winehouse, "You Know I'm No Good" - Say what we will about Wino (and we will), but at least the girl 'fesses up to her bad deeds.
You say, 'what did you do with him today'/ And sniff me out like I was Tanqueray/ I cheated myself, like I knew I would/ I told you I was trouble/ You know I'm no good
11. Squeeze, "Tempted": A bouncy beat and cheery chorus helps mask the song's otherwise woebegone lyrics.
Tempted by the fruit of another/ Tempted but the truth is discovered/ What's been going on, now that you have goneNext Page
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Houston, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.