Five Artists (Other Than Trace Adkins) Who Should Fight Their Impersonators
Leave it to a wily country artist to get into some serious shenanigans with his impersonator, while on a cruise dedicated to himself. The lyrics to the twangy, semi-obnoxious song nearly write themselves, don't they?
So, if you haven't heard, Trace Adkins, the country music crooner who brought you songs like "Honkey Tonk Badonkadonk" and "Brown Chicken Brown Cow," was headlining a cruise to Jamaica recently when, according to TMZ, he fell off the wagon after being sober for the past 12 years and got himself into a fight. Not terribly abnormal for a country singer to get into a bar brawl, we know.
Thing is, what makes this story ridiculous is that he got into a fight with a Trace Adkins impersonator who was singing some Trace Adkins karaoke at the time, and that...well, that is just seriously beyond epic.
And luckily, all is well for the singer, who left the cruise to check into rehab once the boat docked in Jamaica, so we're hoping he can find some humor in the whole situation. It is, at least from the outside, a pretty funny story.
But this whole "Trace Adkins fights his impersonator on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean" debacle got us thinkin'. We may not want to see Trace get himself into such a hot mess again, but that doesn't mean there aren't other musicians we'd like to see fight themselves. Or people dressed as them, for that matter. And here those musicians are, in a list, of course.
Experience Hendrix 2017
TicketsSat., Mar. 11, 8:00pm
World Famous Gospel Brunch at House of Blues Houston
TicketsSun., Mar. 12, 1:30pm
The Noise Presents Metal Blade's 35 Anniversary Tour w/ Whitechapel
TicketsTue., Mar. 14, 6:00pm
Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo: We Live For Love Tour
TicketsWed., Mar. 15, 7:00pm
TicketsFri., Mar. 17, 7:30pm
5. Prince vs Impostor Prince Prince is a lover and not a fighter, but even with that, we'd still pick him as one of our top artists to see in an impostor fight. And really, if you think about it, this one is quite feasible in the right situation. As protective as Prince is of not only his music but his entire image, we can't imagine him ever accepting an impostor without a fight.
Also, if we ever saw Prince either on a cruise or fighting an impersonator on a cruise, we'd probably die a glittery, happy death. The entire thing would be less violent, more fancy.
4. Axl Rose vs Axl 2.0 Considering how rare it is for Axl Rose to actually show up at a gig, and how quickly agitated he becomes, this one is also entirely feasible -- especially when you factor in all of the Axl Rose impersonators that have surfaced over the years in order to fill in the Guns 'N Roses gap.
All we're gonna say on this one is that we hope it doesn't involve wayward microphones or cornrowed extensions. Otherwise, it's Axl Rose vs Redhead Impostor all day long.
3. Liam Gallagher vs. Another Cheeky Lookalike C'mon, it's a funny thought, man! Think of all the "We are the Beatles" comments that would be thrown their way by onlookers. It would be a glorious, glorious brawl filled with unintelligible words and fuck-filled insults. Bonus points for the other Gallagher brother's impostor showing up to mix things up.
2. Justin Bieber Wait, we take that back. The world does not need an impersonator of Bieber. One bucket-peeing, drag-racing diaper baby is quite enough for this lifetime. We'd cosign on this only if the clear victor was the Bieber impersonator and the penalty for losing was deportation back to cold-ass Canada without his cars, ridiculous pants or Usher. He can take Lil Twist with him to our top hat, though, as a consolation prize.
1. Glenn Danzig vs Cooler Impersonator Danzig Okay, tough guy. Don't act like you wouldn't find it humorous to watch Impostor Danzig kick real Danzig's ass just because you like the Misfits or Samhain. The guy is kind of a douche-canoe as of late, and yes, the Misfits were cool, but "One Last Caress" being a badass song does not work to erase every antisocial sin from the slate.
Also, remember when he got knocked the fuck out with one punch by the dude from Northside Kings for being awful? Yeah, that was also funny.
ROCKS OFF'S GREATEST HITS
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.