Houston Vinyl Junkies May Get Some Relief Soon
• Above is a video from Arthur Yoria's Web site which seems to document his recently wrapped-up "Protest Jingle" tour, but it was posted with commentary so we aren't 100% sure.
• It's a quiet start to the week around these parts. Magnolia City Mixtape thinks most of Houston's music blogosphere took the holiday weekend off, but we still have some midsummer news for you, like this engaging interview Culturemap did with Houston's own Bama Boyz, recently named one of Billboard's 10 Songwriters and Producers to Watch.
• Friday, Darwin's Finches will celebrate the release of their new CD at Walters with a bevy of other Houston bands by their side. The $10 cover gets you a free CD at the door. The show's poster looks fantastic too.
• One of our favorite local music blogs, Space City Rock, recently underwent a major Web 2.0 makeover.
Ruby Revue Burlesque Show
TicketsFri., Mar. 10, 7:00pm
Experience Hendrix 2017
TicketsSat., Mar. 11, 8:00pm
World Famous Gospel Brunch at House of Blues Houston
TicketsSun., Mar. 12, 1:30pm
The Noise Presents Metal Blade's 35 Anniversary Tour w/ Whitechapel
TicketsTue., Mar. 14, 6:00pm
Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo: We Live For Love Tour
TicketsWed., Mar. 15, 7:00pm
• Something Fierce released a demo of their new song, "Future Punks" on their MySpace. The band kicks off a West Coast tour in August.
• We're not quite sure why the Texas Psych Cosmic Campout is in Arizona, but it is, and this year George Kinney of the '60s-era Austin psychedelic band The Golden Dawn showed up and performed by the campfire. More videos and a slideshow at the link.
• Houstonist has an interview with Lance Higdon, who is mum about the Grey Tapes Project but talks about a lot of his other work. Higdon will be performing an epic show next weekend when all of his various projects will get together at a single venue.
• The Live Lights and Come See My Dead Person open for Electric Attitude at the latter's tour kick-off party at Walter's on Thursday. Six bux gets you in the door.
Attention local musicians, music bloggers and music organizations: have something that should be included in Magnolia City Mixtape? Leave a comment below or email brittanieshey (at) gmail (dot) com.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.