Insane Clown Posse Is the New Beavis and Butt-Head
It turns out the murderous, crazed clowns from Insane Clown Posse have a side gig that we weren't aware of. Apparently, in addition to catching them holding court and downing Faygo at the yearly Gathering of the Juggalos, you can also catch them heckling the more "controversial" mainstream videos on cable's Fuse network.
Yep, you read that right. Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope, the dudes who brought you songs like "House of Horrors" and "Piggie Pie," have their own show critiquing videos by the likes of Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber. It's a bit confusing, but just go with it.
We admit that we're intrigued by the idea of Juggalo Nation's leaders playing video critics, even if it's a teeny-tiny bit confusing. But two grown men in their ICP makeup critiquing Miss Miley's twerking and calling out Robin Thicke -- who better to do the job, really?
It really reminds us of a clown-makeup version of our teenage heroes Beavis and Butt-Head, so we can dig it. Except we think Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope need to think a bit more outside of the box than Miley, and really sink their heckling clown-teeth into something a bit meatier -- such as these ten artists.
GOT7 FLIGHT LOG: [TURBULENCE] IN USA 2017
TicketsFri., Jan. 27, 7:00pm
Ozz - A Tribute To Ozzy Osbourne
TicketsSat., Jan. 28, 7:00pm
Sevyn Streeter: The Girl Disrupted Tour
TicketsSat., Jan. 28, 7:00pm
TicketsSat., Jan. 28, 8:00pm
Super Bowl Gospel Celebration
TicketsFri., Feb. 3, 7:30pm
10. RiFF RAFF Come on. Riff Raff is kind of like ICP, only he considers himself to be a golden alien who raps about Versace. At least ICP raps about Faygo and killing people, right? And that video above deserves
a little bit a lot of ICP shade, and a Butt-Head chuckle or two.
9. Snoop Dogg We think that ICP could weigh in on the important matters at hand, like "Just what the hell is Snoop's name at the moment?" So that it's not confusing, can't we just make him an honorary Juggalo and leave it at that? You know, stuff that matters in the grand scheme of things. Also, Shaggy and Lion? It makes us giggle.
8. Bob Dylan Bob Dylan is a legend, but let's be straight-up here. No one has a clue what he's saying anymore, but no one will say that! We think Shaggy 2 Dope and Violent J are the perfect clowns to throw a little side-eye Dylan's way. Because we certainly wouldn't ever do such a thing.
7. Madonna MDNA, anybody? Why so serious, Madge? She's the perfect target. Miss Madonna could use a little bit of humble intervention, and we know just the clowns for the job.
6. Drake No one dares question the almighty Drake, but perhaps someone needs to. Does anyone else remember this dude's epic role on Degrassi? Someone needs to resurrect the Wheelchair Jimmy memes, stat. We can't, but we bet ICP can.
5. Willie Nelson Willie Nelson is virtually untouchable in the mainstream media, which makes it all the more necessary for two adult clowns to rag on him a bit. We'll always love him, but we bet we'd love ICP laughing at Willie Nelson just as much.
List continues on the next page.
4. Lady Gaga Gaga is another "why so serious" artist, which has only gotten worse over the whole course of promoting ARTPOP. Someone needs to take the wind out of those overinflated, naked, yoga-worshipping sails. And considering that both Lady Gaga and ICP sport makeup in unnecessary ways, they can probably handle that job just fine.
3. The Rolling Stones (specifically Mick Jagger) C'mon! They're old! The Stones need to stop gyrating before they break a hip. ICP knows this, and could help Mick and company out in that area with a little bit of critiquing.
2. Eminem We'd like to hear Eminem's reaction to ICP heckling his videos. We bet it would be epic, and potentially scary.
1. Kanye We get the feeling Sir Kanye is on the edge of a serious meltdown. He's losing it on dudes like Sway, who could easily school him in just about everything. Can you imagine what would happen if a couple of grown ass-clowns called him out? We're pretty sure Yeezus would implode in a fit of well-heeled rage.
Lastly, we had "Great Milenko" stuck in our heads as we typed out this blog. That's a first, so thanks, ICP. We appreciate that.
ROCKS OFF'S GREATEST HITS
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.