Rap's 10 Most Hated People Of 2010
Hatred is a popular sport in hip-hop. Players of this sport include everyone from fans to peers. There's no specific reason for loathing. Sometimes, being the best in your league is an egregious enough crime to inspire a strong dose of vitriol. Here are the 10 most hated hip-hop artists of 2010.
10. Jay-Z: Hating Jay-Z at this point makes no sense. He's forgotten more rhymes than his rivals can ever think of. If you hate that last sentence you just made my point. It's become something of a hobby to hate Jay-Z in hip-hop circles. That's bound to happen when you're the most accomplished MC walking the planet.
Jay said it best on "Monster": "Everybody wanna know what my Achilles heel is/ Love, I don't get enough of it/ All I get is these vampires and blood suckers/ All I see is these niggas I've made millionaires milling about, spilling their feelings in the air."
9. Kid Cudi: Cudi made lots of enemies in 2010, including friend-turned-foe Wale, with whom he's been engulfed in a strange feud for the last couple months. But Sean Price takes the cake for anti-Cudi sentiments. "If you got Sean Price in your playlist and Kid Cud in the same playlist you need to uh don't be my fan no more," said Price in a YouTube video. "Get outta here. Matter fact, if you're a Kid Cud fan kill yourself. That's all I got to say about that." Sounds like good ol' contempt from rival MCs.
8. Rick Ross: As if Rick Ross didn't already garner enough hate when the world found out that he faked his drug dealing past, Officer Ricky found a way to break the hate scale with his latest moves. First came the identity-jacking issue with the real Rick Ross. Then there was the blatant attempt to quietly anoint himsel the new Biggie Smalls. While Rozay certainly made one of the best rap albums of 2010, recruiting Diddy as his manager and adopting Biggie's "uhn" grunt made him seem like a phony.
7. Slim Thug: Slim Thug crushed some feelings when he ran his mouth to VIBE earlier in the year. While he did raise some legitimate concerns about African-American relationships, he didn't coat his points with enough candy to avoid the inevitable backlash. Rather than seize the opportunity to engage in an important conversation, folks chose to kill the messenger. There was even a silly "Boycott Slim Thug" movement brewing online for a hot minute. Thugga's crass tweets also made him the subject of mudslinging throughout the year.
6. Drake: Drake seems like a fun guy to hang around and slam drinks with. But for everyone who finds him likable, there are five people who dislike him for his flow. Or his face. Or his fashion. The shape of his head might even rub some the wrong way. He's the hottest new jack in the game and that comes with the territory.Next Page
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.