Starchy Arch's Top Six Rap Songs About Sex
The hip-hop world is a less than sensible place -lots of times, you're even required to clarify when bad means bad and when bad means good- so once a week we're going to get with a rapper and ask them to explain things. Have something you always wanted to ask a rapper? Email email@example.com.
This Week's Rapper: Starchy Arch
This Week's Subject(s): The six best rap songs about sex
Rocks Off first heard about Starchy Arch on some Scooby/Yung Redd music. Arch himself recently released a mixtape, wherein more than once he references something he refers to as his "sex tales." That's why we interviewed him about this. Felt like you should know that.
Ask A Rapper: We listened to the tape. That "sex tales" thing caught our ear, and immediately made us want to ask you: What are your six favorite rap songs about sex? Go ahead and list those and we'll make that the feature. More points for more obscure selections. And you're off...
1. Notorious B.I.G. feat. R. Kelly, "Fuck You Tonight": As soon as this track come on it makes me automatically think back to the chicks I used to like back then. Because of that, this is a timeless classic to me. Any song that can take you back to that time in your life is a classic*.
*This seems like a reasonable assertion.
2. 5th Ward Boys, "Pussy, Weed and Alcohol": [laughs] I still play this track when I know something is about to go down with a chick. I put on this song, roll something up, fix me some Grey Goose on the rocks and you should know what happens next. If not, go download the song.
3. LL Cool J, "I Need Love": Not really a "sex" song but this was around the time I was really starting to get into hip-hop. A song about a chick wrapped, it up for me; I was officially a hip-hop fanatic.
4. DJ Quik, "Sweet Black Pussy": First "sex" song I knew word for word. I got countless whoopings for rapping this one. I used to hear my cousins playing it and I think I started liking this song because of the explicit lyrics. I didn't even know what he was talking about but I just liked the way it flowed. The older I got, the more relevant it became and the more I liked the song. Funny what life experiences can do for songs.
5. Scarface feat. Devin the Dude & Too Short, "Fuck Faces": Introduced me to one of the dopest MCs in my opinion: Devin The Dude. I could actually listen to this song and envision everything that was happening. Love this track.
6. Snoop Doggy Dogg feat. Tha Dogg Pound, "Aint No Fun (If the Homies Can't Have None": Song speaks for itself [laughs].
There's plenty of live "sex" songs, and it was hard for me to narrow it down to only six*, but I'm pretty happy with the ones that I picked. RIP H.A.W.K.
*This list is pretty tough. Some others that we might have included: UGK's "Pregnant Pussy"; Khia's "My Neck, My Back"; Akinyele's "Put It In Your Mouth"; 2 Live Crew's "As Nasty As They Wanna Be"; and anything from Choice.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene with music features, additional online music listings and show picks. We'll also send special ticket offers and music promotions available only to our Music Newsletter subscribers.