Ten Rock-Star Crushes We Still Haven't Outgrown
Artists like Elvis Presley, Madonna, and Mick Jagger undoubtedly helped define the consumate rock star crush. But there have been a handful of worthy others along the way - armed with that certain je ne se quoi - who haven't left our radar. Years later, turns out we're still smitten with this bunch of '80s and '90s songsters.
10. Gavin Rossdale: Was there a girl on earth who didn't swoon over Rossdale's curly locks and bedroom eyes for the greater part of the 90s? Nope. There was not. Considering the female frenzy over his mere presence in our city at last week's Buzzfest, it seems not much has changed.
9. Gwen Stefani: Not one to be outdone by her hubby (rocker and fellow Rock Star Crush Gavin Rossdale), the No Doubt front woman proves she still reigns as punk-rock's hottest commodity. Simultaneously flaunting her penchant for fashion, motherhood and (clearly) religiously hittin' the gym, Stefani tackles it all. It's "no doubt" this Renaissance Woman makes our list.
8. LL Cool J: Seriously, what's not to like? LL - born under the light-years-less-sexy name James Todd Smith - is the whole package: Talent, looks, the body of a Greek God and, apparently, the magical gene of reverse aging.
Monster Energy Outbreak Presents: 21 Savage - Issa Tour
TicketsFri., Mar. 31, 7:00pm
The Last Waltz 40 Tour: A Celebration Of The 40th Anniversary
TicketsFri., Mar. 31, 8:00pm
April Fools In Flannel - 90's Grunge Night
TicketsSat., Apr. 1, 7:00pm
TicketsSun., Apr. 2, 7:00pm
Strand of Oaks
TicketsWed., Apr. 5, 7:00pm
7. Liz Phair: As if crafting a debut album as flawless as 1993's Exile in Guyville isn't sexy enough on its own, lo-fi rocker Liz Phair reeled in even the indiest of indie alterna-males, with her sexually driven lyrics and sultry stage persona. Even Phair's less thrilling glossy post-Exile pop isn't enough to keep her off our list.
6. Anthony Kiedis: The Red Hot Chili Peppers front man won us over early-on. Cue to 1992's "Under the Bridge" video, a shirtless, sculpted Kiedis running across the screen - in slow-motion, nonetheless - his waist-length locks swaying in the California breeze. We think he's kind of had it in the bag ever since.Next Page
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.