The 5 Worst Tattoos In Rap
Photo by Marco Torres
Lil Wayne loves weed. He loves it so much that he got "baked" tattooed on his forehead.. Yes, I'm serious. It also apparently refers to Baker Skateboards as well because skating is the only thing Weezy loves as much as weed. This joins the litany of other stupid things tattooed on Lil Wayne's face which haw apparently become a blank canvas for anybody.
While we await the inevitable other logos from Weezy's corporate sponsors to be tattooed on his face, today we'll take a look at other stupid tats rappers have had put on their bodies forever. Lil Tunechi isn't the only one who can mark himself forever with ridiculous things and, damn it, the other rappers who have done this deserve their due as well.
Photo by Marco Torres
5. Nas' Tragic Kelis Portrait A tribute to love gone bad, Nas unfortunately covered his forearm in a nude image of his then-wife Kelis. I guess he never expected that they would fall out of love and into a nasty divorce and custody battle. Oh well.
Nas got it covered up later (badly, I might add), but I have to question the wisdom in getting it in the first place. Not because he should have seen the divorce coming, although he probably should have considering he never stopped rapping about getting head from random groupies throughout his entire marriage, but because why would he want to show everybody a nude drawing of his wife on his arm anyway?
Guns N' Roses: Not In This Lifetime?
TicketsFri., Aug. 5, 8:30pm
Russ: Did It My Way Tour
TicketsSat., Aug. 6, 6:00pm
World Famous Gospel Brunch at House of Blues Houston
TicketsSun., Aug. 7, 1:30pm
TicketsSun., Aug. 7, 8:00pm
The Noise Presents: Periphery - Sonic Unrest Tour
TicketsTue., Aug. 9, 6:00pm
4. Drake's Aaliyah Tribute Drake loves Aaliyah. Like, he really loves her. He's even apparently working on an album of unreleased songs she recorded before her death, without the approval of any of Aaliyah's friends or family. He also got this huge, creepy tattoo of her on his back. Drake is to Aaliyah as Jeff Mangum is to Anne Frank is what I'm getting at.
Also pictured is his strangely off-center owl tattoo, which looks like it was drawn by a child. To cap it all off is his surprisingly well-done bird tattoo above Aaliyah, which makes the others look even more out of place and ridiculous.
3. Coolio's Insane Clown Posse Adulation Coolio apparently likes Insane Clown Posse almost as much as Drake likes Aaliyah. One has to wonder if it's because ICP sells more records than he does these days and he wants to be the third member. Or maybe it's just that they gave him a gig at the Gathering of the Juggalos, presumably Coolio's first paying rap gig since 1998.
Either way, he'll never get into ICP with this tattoo. He got the hatchet man right, although it looks like they branded him with it rather than tattooing it on him. But under it he had "Jugalo Cool" written on it. Notice anything wrong with that? He misspelled the world "juggalo!"
2. Gucci Mane's Ice Cream Cone That Shoots Lightning Bolts Really all I need to put here is that phrase again: "Ice cream cone that shoots lightning bolts." I mean, who would even come up with such a thing? Gucci Mane though had the balls to tattoo it across his entire face. There's something admirable about that.
Even more telling about it, however, is the fact that he got the tattoo just after his release from a mental institution following yet another run-in with the law, where he allegedly ignored a cop who was talking to him about previous crimes he had committed in the day and proceeded to punch another man in the face in front of the cop. In that context, the tattoo almost seems sane.
Photo by Marco Torres
1. Chris Brown's Battered Woman Chris Brown's tattoo might not look as badly done as some of the others on this last, but damned if it isn't the worst based on context alone. Just to remind everybody that he's the worst person in the world, Brown forever marked himself with what would appear to any sane human being as a picture closely resembling Rihanna, taken after Brown busted her face up a few years back.
Brown, of course, claims that's not what it is. But it sure does look like it, and that makes it too much for the rest of us to be at all comfortable with, especially when combined with Brown's flippant attitude toward the whole incident.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.