The Eight Best Musical Moments of the New Arsenio Hall Show
In case you didn't notice, 2014 is essentially exactly the same as 1994. Nirvana is in the news constantly and The Arsenio Hall Show just got canceled again. That's a shame, because we here at Rocks Off are pretty big fans of Arsenio.
Apparently the coveted 18-34 audience didn't have the same fondness for him this time around that they did when he was a hit from 1989 to 92; his new show lasted less than a year. Even so, he managed to land some pretty awesome musical guests in his short run, so here we come together to celebrate and mourn by looking back on the ten best.
8. Nas Life is Good hit hard with longtime Nas fans, and he kills it on this cut from the album performed with Arsenio's band on the beat.
7. Kendrick Lamar From new school to old school, Arsenio booked it all. Before the performance, he gave shout-outs to Kendrick for inspiring him to return to late-night.
6. Janelle Monae The Electric Lady took Arsenio's stage to perform the title track of her latest album. She was stunning, of course.
5. Childish Gambino The former Community star whose real name is Donald Glover decided to just do his performance straight from Arsenio's couch. Thundercat sat beside him, rocking it on the bass.
Ruby Revue Burlesque Show
TicketsFri., Mar. 10, 7:00pm
Experience Hendrix 2017
TicketsSat., Mar. 11, 8:00pm
World Famous Gospel Brunch at House of Blues Houston
TicketsSun., Mar. 12, 1:30pm
The Noise Presents Metal Blade's 35 Anniversary Tour w/ Whitechapel
TicketsTue., Mar. 14, 6:00pm
Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo: We Live For Love Tour
TicketsWed., Mar. 15, 7:00pm
4. R. Kelly In typically grandiose fashion, Kelly did his performance at a podium, addressing all his haters. As ridiculous as everything he does seems to be, he was still on point.
List continues on the next page.
3. Prince Prince took over the entire show when he decided to show up, and he opened up by debuting this new track with his band 3RDEYEGIRL, proving once again that no one can funk like Prince.
2. Rick Ross, Kanye West & Big Sean Only The Boss was announced for this one, but Kanye and Big Sean put in their appearances to dominate the track.
1. Talib Kweli One of the most underrated rappers ever, who always dominates every track he steps on, is Talib Kweli, who showed off why we owe him more appreciation than he gets in this appearance.
ROCKS OFF'S GREATEST HITS
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.