Top 10 Disney EDM Lookalikes
Is that you, Prince Eric?
We all wonder who our celebrity lookalike is. Someone will tell us we look like this person, a Web site will say you look like another and most likely if you're anything like me you'll disagree and give explanations as to why.
Well, what if you're already a celebrity? Or DJ?
Today DJs are setting trends in the way they dress, style their hair and just their look in general. We've heard of "Girls that look like Skrillex and a few more, but I decided to match up some of well-known DJs to their very own Disney doppelgangers.
After all, the EDM scene can get a little raunchy and hide subliminal messages or just simply throw it out there. As we have all heard and seen, Disney likes to do the same thing.
Mas Musica! featuring La Gusana Ciega, Porter, Siddhartha
TicketsSun., Oct. 2, 6:00pm
Nothing But Thieves presented by Ones To Watch
TicketsSun., Oct. 2, 7:00pm
Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats
TicketsMon., Oct. 3, 7:00pm
THALIA - Latina Love Tour
TicketsMon., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
TicketsTue., Oct. 4, 7:00pm
10. Girl Talk/Tarzan: Gregg Gillis is a well-known American mashup and digital sampling DJ. Having seen him live more than once, I can assure you he likes to get the crowd moving.
He usually rips off his shirt while performing and bobs his head all around, waving his lovely long locks of hair to his beats. Not to mention he jumps on top of the table and is sometimes out in the crowd surfing around. Notice any similarities yet?
9. Deadmau5/Mickey: Well, this one is a little too obvious. But hey, with a Mau5 head like that of course some would say it resembles Mickey. There has already been some controversy on this subject however. But all is well. Mickey has one set of ears; Deadmau5 has at least five per show. Joel Zimmerman throws down his progressive and electro house beats to many ears besides the two on his own head.
8. Rusko/Porcupine, The Fox and the Hound: All right, not much resemblance other than the hair. Rusko has one crazy Mohawk. Although, I can vouch for Christopher Mercer (Rusko) and agree that Porcupine could not get down in the world of dubstep, but rather be stuck in the hollow tree.
7. Skrillex, Lilo, Lilo & Stitch: Some may have already heard of this one. I can't agree more, except that Skrillex is clearly male. But if one were to shave the side of Lilo's head and give her some glasses, Disney would be "skrilled."
6. Steve Aoki, Fa Zhou, Mulan Aoki at times is referred to as the "Asian Jesus." He has long hair and interesting facial hair. I don't believe that Aoki is a solider of any sort, but he definitely fights on in the world of EDM. If only Fa's hair were a bit longer.
5. Ferry Corsten/Phoebus, The Hunchback of Notre Dame: Same build and same hair. Although Corsten is Dutch, I think the resemblance is quite interesting. Corsten didn't fall for a gypsy woman either, but he sure knows how put people into a trance.
4. Laidback Luke/Prince Naveen, The Princess and the Frog: Now, I don't think that Luke started out as a frog. However, the eyes and young suave look matches that of Prince Naveen. Likewise, Naveen most likely did not base his name off of a Snoop Dogg song, although it was suspiciously after "Gin & Juice" came out.
3. Avicii/Jim Hawkins, Treasure Planet: That young and adventurous look is within the face of both Avicii and Jim Hawkins. Avicii being pretty young in the game reminds me of Jim setting out on an adventure.
2. Borgore/Prince Eric, The Little Mermaid: Well, I can assure you they may look alike, but Borgore doesn't speak in such an elegant way like Prince Eric. Borgore is known to be raunchy throughout his music and even his tweets. Having seen him live, girls are normally pole-dancing right next to him as he plays his song "Nympho". Now I know Prince Eric found Ariel in nothing other than a sail, but I doubt sex was the first thought.
1. Afrojack/Kovu, The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride: Now, maybe it's just the facial hair and expressions Afrojack makes during his set, but Kovu from Disney's Lion King 2 is the DJ's Disney match. Kovu, like Afrojack, is fighting to move up in the ranks; perhaps he may even look like Simba's uncle Scar. But Afrojack, like Kovu, ended up winning the hearts of most. Afroajck is No. 7 on DJ Mag's Top 100 DJs of 2011.
So this was quite an interesting task. I'm sure there are plenty more Houston could think of. So let's hear it. What DJ has a Disney lookalike?
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.