Top 10 Weirdest Kiss Memorabilia Items Up For Sale
Photo by Groovehouse
In rock n roll and pop music, merchandising has always been a somewhat lucrative ordeal. This especially rings true whenever an artist becomes extremely popular. It is a great marketing ploy, whether for teens, diehards, collectors or regular fans.
Let's face it, when it comes to music merchandising, Kiss has thrived very well in that area, especially with their king and legendary front man Gene Simmons. The band has a bonanza of memorabilia with their logo that includes pretty much everything made under the sun, from the normal band memorabilia of T-shirts, jewelry and hats all the way down to the unusual and downright strange: Condoms, caskets, house décor and urns. Kiss has also made still other cool merchandise such as the comic books, dolls and action figures, a pinball machine, trading cards and plenty more.
If you wanted, you could probably deck out your entire house in KISS memorabilia. I dare you.
10. KISS condoms: In the mood for love yet don't wanna get your lady pregnant or get (or even give out) some sort of STD? Protect your boys with Gene Simmons and friends. The Kiss Kondom was introduced in 2002. These "tongue lubricated" rubbers come in various varieties such as "Love Gun Protection," "Tongue Lubricated" and "Studded Paul."
9. Kiss knife and money clip: Nothing says "stay away from my money you gold-digging mugger" like a combination KISS knife and money clip.
8. Kiss casket: If you party like a rock star, you should at least be buried in style. Though this was discontinued in the mid-2000s, Pantera guitarist Dimebag Darrell was buried in a KISS casket. According to Gene Simmons, the KISS casket could also serve as a "giant KISS cooler."
7. Kiss house door key: Do you have the urge to feel the protection of supergroup that is Kiss when you enter your apartment, house, duplex, condo or even efficiency? Let Gene Simmons assist with this.
6. Kiss perfume: If you want to smell like Gene, Ace, or any of the rest of the band (or you ladies want to smell like their fantasy women) this is perfect for the Kiss fan who loves to smell great, or perhaps a perfume collector. It was sold at department stores such as Macy's.
5. Mount KISSmore: When I was young, in my parents or grandmother's house we had a "Precious Moments" figure on display in a cabinet or a shelf. However, for any member of the Kiss army, this is a household essential. It has the faces of Gene, Paul, Ace and friends carved into stone.
4. Kiss table lamp: Some people have regular lamps. Cool people have lava lamps. Kiss fans and members of their army have a Kiss table lamp.
3. Kiss wall fountain Some people have little water fountains in their house, probably meant to help calm that person down. A Kiss enthusiast, however, would probably have the Kiss wall fountain that may have red-colored water spewing from Gene Simmons' mouth.
2. Kiss This Wine: Kiss certainly knows how to cater to every taste, in this case wine connoisseurs. This nonalcoholic wine was sold at places like Spencer's. Rumor has it they may also come out with an alcoholic version as well.
1. KISS sock monkeys: I found this on etsy.com, a place where people sell their DIY projects. I am surprised this did not end up on etsy's twin site, regretsy -- where all the bad and "what were they thinking" DIY projects go. This is an absolutely hideous doll. However, if you are a Kiss fan and you like sock monkeys, you should totally buy this.
Honorable Mention: Kiss Destroyer shower curtain, Kiss nesting dolls, Kiss apron and Kiss coffeehouse cups.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene with music features, additional online music listings and show picks. We'll also send special ticket offers and music promotions available only to our Music Newsletter subscribers.