What Are Your Favorite Sneakers Ever?
Some rappers happen to be thoughtful, intelligent people. Every Monday that isn't a national holiday (or thereabouts), Rocks Off will have some of them here discussing issues relevant to their culture.
This Week's Panel: ESG, John Dew, Chuckway, Hollywood Floss, Show, Killa Kyleon, Delo, Fat Tony
Not Invited: Phil Knight
This Week's Prompt: In honor of the Sneaker Summit, what are your three favorite sneakers of all time?
ESG: Jordans, Blazers, Air Force Ones. Oh yeah, a pair of leather Chucks is a must.
John Dew: Jordan II (Eleven) because that was the season he defined his legacy in the shoe game and basketball; patent leather, need I say more? (1995)
- Nike Air Trainer (Bo Jackson Shoe) introduced the new cross country style of shoe. Remember Prostars Cartoon? (1991)
- Deion Sanders Diamond Turf [because] strap across the top changed the game. (1994)
- Honorable Mentions: Reebok Blackturf Hexalite forced Nike to revamp their Flight Brand and Reebok Pump forced Nike to make a modified version of the pump.
Chuckway: I own about 70 pair of Chucks and some Timbs, but if I had to wear another type of sneakers it would be Jordans or the old school Adidas.
Chuckway also sent in this photo with his answer. That's a lot of shoes.
Hollywood FLOSS: Jordan 3s (Black/Cement). Spike Lee endorsed them and we fell in love with them. The leather mixed with the elephant print is a great combination and one of a kind
- Penny 1/Foamposite. I couldn't pick a clear winner between the two, but these two from the Penny collection are a must have from the collection. The original Foamposites were the first shoes to ever mold your feet as you wore them. Dope technology.
- Nike Air Trainer SC. Bo Jackson. 'Nuff Said.
Show: Jordans, Forces and Chucks, mid or higher. No other sneakers compare in my book.
Killa Kyleon: My three favorite are the black Air Jordan Cement 3s, the LeBron 8s and the Nike SC Trainer Bo Jacksons, New York color, way orange and blue.
Delo: Stan Smith Adidas [are] classics. A white pair will go with whatever. Air Max '95 [are] forever an exclusive show. Still fly. And for my third pick, any Ken Griffey or Penny Hardaways (Foamposites). I'm old school. These new kicks suck [laughs].
Damn, black Chucks gotta fit in there somewhere. They're simple like myself.
Fat Tony: Vans, Vans, and Vans, specifically the Vans Authentic shoe. Because.... they are..... warm on my feet.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene with music features, additional online music listings and show picks. We'll also send special ticket offers and music promotions available only to our Music Newsletter subscribers.