11 Vintage Valentine's Day Cards and Why They Are Really Creepy
Love is in the air. Kids everywhere -- or, more likely, their moms -- are buying boxes of cheap Valentine's Day cards to hand out in the classroom.
It's a tradition that's been going on for years, and obviously it's not just for kids. But in days of yore, card designers could seem a little....creepy.
Like in these 11 examples.
11. The drugs make him hunt Those eyes and armed? The chicks'll be swarming at ya, kid.
10. As we die a slow, burning death This is like the last scene of Titanic, if it took place in a fiery hell instead of the North Atlantic.
9. She puts the lotion in the pumpkin It's not the double-entendres of eating and going deeper and deeper, it's the Silence of the Lambs way the dude's looking at his captured, helpless prey.
7. Talk to the (Trojan Magnum-sized) hand You know what they say, baby: "Big feet, big hands, big..." Just pay no attention to my other hand.
6. Subtle. Very subtle The dude smiling eagerly as he thrusts something hard and long into the moist goodness of a woman clearly enjoying herself? We don't get what you're going after here.
5. Take me...and my sister We guess there's nothing inherently creepy about a threesome, but for Valentine's Day? And why do these women look like they're sitting in the window of some Amsterdam bordello?
4. Let's play with fire, kids! Remember, kids, nothing says "love" like lighting a match, so go play with matches!!
3. You missed a spot, bitch Glassy-eyed automatons scrubbing your car in the aching hope that some dude will take notice of you? He's hanging out with the cheerleaders, baby.
2. And a happy passive-aggressive Valentine's Day to you, too No one loves me, but there's a hobo named Fuzzy Worms in the garden who likes me!!
1. Something's off here Ah yes: The old A-A-B-C-D-E-F rhyme scheme. Works like a charm every time!
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.
- Astros Take Royals, Announcers by Surprise with Game One Win
Mon., Oct. 19, 7:00pm
Wed., Oct. 21, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 12:00am
Sat., Oct. 24, 11:00am
- Why Are Neighbors Angry That the Glenbrook Golf Course is Becoming a Botanical Garden?
- Cougars Destroy SMU, Storm Out To 5-0 Record