A Houston Rockets Christmas: Rating The Unlistenable
The Houston Rockets like to put out Christmas videos in which the players mangle carols, to the general merriment of all.
It's a good idea in theory. In practice? Cover your ears.
4. "Let It Snow" No one gets close to being in tune, but this is worth it if only for the bizarre way Yao Ming looks like some sci-fi square-headed 1950s robot with his Christmas cap on. Danger Will Robinson!!
3. "Jingle Bell Rock" We're not Rockets fanatics, so we don't recognize the sixth guy in, who ominously intones some dark words that sound like "Fuck `em" but are more likely just a semi-strangled plea to get out of here.
We could take only very, very little of this, but did manage to last long enough to learnthat Tracy McGrady made it through his part without blogging about how he wasn't going to make it the rest of the way.
1. "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" Dude in the
Nike Adidas sweattop (little help?) might have some pipes; it's hard to tell. Luis Scola just wishes he were back home.
So how do you rank these? Let us know.
To be fair, there's not much to work with here. Don't believe us? Try -- just try -- to listen to Shane Battier sing "Let's Get it On."
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.
- Cougars Easily Dismantle Navy, Win 52-31
- Legendary UH Coach Guy V. Lewis Dies at Age 93
- Saints-Texans — Four Things to Watch For