Aaron Hernandez Just Served Someone a Beatdown Behind Bars
Since going away to prison while awaiting trial on murder charges, and other than the occasional appearances for status updates on said trial, Aaron Hernandez has almost completely faded into the background.
For the sake of content, this has been a bad thing, but I suppose for the sake of society, safety, and justice it's a good thing.
Now, I have no idea how prison works (for that, I am thankful), but I would like to think that there are periodic evaluations, like an employee review in a workplace or a report card in school. After all, we all want to know how well we are doing our job, right?
If indeed the Bristol County jail had report cards, it would appear that Aaron Hernandez would score poorly in the category of "plays well with others."
Courtesy of TMZ.com, Hernandez apparently had beef on Tuesday with another inmate:
Sources tell us the former New England Patriots tight end -- who is usually segregated from the general population -- was allowed to take a walk in an isolated hallway ... but somehow came into contact with another inmate.
We're told Hernandez recognized the other inmate and launched into an attack -- beating the other man up pretty badly.
Sources tell us ... Hernandez and the other man had been beefing all day long. One source says the other guy had been harassing Aaron nonstop. Clearly, Hernandez was pissed.
The 24-year-old has been locked up since June 26th -- he's facing murder charges stemming from the 2013 shooting death of semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd.
Officials had placed Hernandez in solitary confinement out of concern he would be a target behind bars due to his celebrity status.
A few observations from this story:
1. Ok, if you need any proof that the worst, scariest, most insane people on the planet are in our prison system, just know this -- you know Aaron Hernandez? The guy who killed Odin Lloyd in cold blood (allegedly), who killed two other people the summer before just because (possibly), and who shot a round into a car at an intersection his freshman year at Florida (probably)? The guy who is covered in gang tattoos and has a smirk on his face in court that looks like he drinks homicide for breakfast?
Well, prison has a dude that fucks with that guy just for fun. (Granted, the instigator got his ass kicked, but still, he exists. For now.)
2. The Hernandez punching bag had been "beefing" with Hernandez "all day long," which is amazing considering that Hernandez is generally segregated from the general population. That's some serious effort on the part of that inmate. So not only does he mess with Hernandez, he actually strains to mess with Hernandez. Ballsy.
3. Honestly, I'm fearful for my life every time I type a blog post making fun of Aaron Hernandez, and he's incarcerated. This dude messed with him face to face! Respect.
4. This article labels Odin Lloyd as a "semi-pro football player." So ("HOT SPORTS TAKE" time) tell me....
I will now wait patiently for the next Hernandez associate or family member to die sometime soon.
It's been at least a few weeks.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.
- Top 10 Super Bowl One-Hit Wonders (w/ VIDEO)
Sun., Feb. 7, 7:00pm
Wed., Feb. 10, 6:00pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 2:00pm
Wed., Feb. 17, 7:00pm
- Sheriff Hickman Shoots the Messenger, Pushes Back on Chron Jail Series
- Super Bowl 50: Five Best Prop Bets And Prediction