All Of Sharpstown Mall's Problems To Be Solved With Name Change
You know what's been holding the Sharpstown Mall back? Its name.
Which actually is "Sharpstown Center," but no one we know calls it that. The almost-50-year-old mall has long hit hard times, with people convinced it's not safe, or has any shops worth visiting.
Now, PlazAmericas might seem an utterly silly name for a shopping mall, but you should have seen the alternatives:
- Gulfton Galleria
- SharpsTakeYourChances Mall
- (Before they told their consultants to dial it back a bit on the strange capitalization shit) ShArpStoWmaLl
- Shitstown Mall (Alternative: Shitstown Center)
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.
- Texas Horse Racing Continue, At Least For Three More Months
Sat., Sep. 5, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 2:30pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 6:00pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 7:00pm
- Court Calls Texas Churches Campaigning Against LGBT-Friendly Politicians "Paranoid"
- College Football: Week 1 Best Bets