All Of Sharpstown Mall's Problems To Be Solved With Name Change
You know what's been holding the Sharpstown Mall back? Its name.
Which actually is "Sharpstown Center," but no one we know calls it that. The almost-50-year-old mall has long hit hard times, with people convinced it's not safe, or has any shops worth visiting.
Now, PlazAmericas might seem an utterly silly name for a shopping mall, but you should have seen the alternatives:
- Gulfton Galleria
- SharpsTakeYourChances Mall
- (Before they told their consultants to dial it back a bit on the strange capitalization shit) ShArpStoWmaLl
- Shitstown Mall (Alternative: Shitstown Center)
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.
- Legendary UH Coach Guy V. Lewis Dies at Age 93
Sat., Nov. 28, 7:00pm
Sun., Nov. 29, 12:00pm
Mon., Nov. 30, 7:00pm
Wed., Dec. 2, 7:00pm
- Saints-Texans — Four Things To Watch For
- College and NFL Football: Thanksgiving Weekend's Best Bets