And So It Begins: Do You Know Where Your Children Are? (Updated With Speech Analysis)
It's too late, parents....Unless you filled out the proper paperwork offering definitive proof you're a right-wing radical blinded by Fox News, your kid is being subjected to the amazing hypnotic power of Barack Obama at this moment.
You can watch here, if you dare.
Will you recognize your kids when they come home? Will their eyes be vacant, their minds full of mushy liberalism, their mouths uttering "Stay in school....stay in school"?
One can only wonder.
We'll update when the speech is over, and things are safe again.
Update: Good Christ, it's over.
1. "And that's what I want to focus on today: the responsibility each of you has for your education." This is obviously Stalinist apparatchik propaganda. From each according to his something or other.
2. "And no matter what you want to do with your life - I guarantee that you'll need an education to do it." This is obviously a dis of people who host talk-radio shows, or those who listen to them. He doesn' t even mention them or refer to them at all in this sentence.
3. Obama cited the stories of three students who had overcome hardships to succeed. These students had the first names of Jazmin, Andoni and Shantell. What, weren't there any students with American names he could have used?
4. He then cited the story of J.K. Rowling, whose Harry Potter books were rejected a dozen times before being published. She's from England, where they have socialistic health care that makes you wait 13 months before seeing a OB/GYN. Oh, and the Death Eaters in the Potter books? Rowling got the idea from the roving English Death Panels in their health system.
5. "Make us all proud. I know you can do it. Thank you, God bless you, and God bless America." God? Where does this Muslim get off talking about God?
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.
- Cougars Easily Dismantle Navy, Win 52-31
- Legendary UH Coach Guy V. Lewis Dies at Age 93
- Saints-Texans — Four Things to Watch For