Are You Ready for Christmas? Cuz Bering's Hardware Is.
Photo by Brittanie Shey
While you're enjoying your Labor Day weekend, Bering's Hardware would like to remind you that Christmas is only 114 days away.
The store at Westheimer and Fountain View has not one, but THREE Christmas trees already on display. Never mind the fact that this picture was taken last week when it was A) still August, B) still officially summer and C) still unofficially summer (since Labor Day marks the unofficial end of summer).
A friend of Hair Balls told us that while the trees don't have any ornaments on them yet, they will soon, and each tree ("they have several") will be decorated according to a different theme. The three Hair Balls saw already had lights on them, though they weren't plugged in.
In case you were wondering, here is a list of some of the holidays we still have left BEFORE Christmas.
- Sept. 2 -- Labor Day
- Sept. 5 -- Rosh Hashana
- Sept. 14 -- Yom Kippur
- Sept. 22 -- First day of fall
- Oct. 14 -- Columbus Day
- Oct. 15 -- Eid-al-Adha
- Oct. 31 -- Halloween
- Nov, 3 -- Diwali/Deepavali
- Nov. 3 -- Daylight Saving Time ends
- Nov. 11 -- Veterans Day
- Nov. 28 -- Thanksgiving Day
- Nov. 28 -- First Day of Hanukkah
- Dec. 5 -- Last day of Hanukkah
- Dec. 21 -- December Solstice
- Dec. 24 -- Christmas Eve
Retailers of the world, can't we at least wait until Halloween before starting this shit? We love Christmas as much as the next person, but we don't want it to be Christmas for half the year.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.
- Man Charged With Gunning Down Sheriff's Deputy Ruled Incompetent to Stand Trial
Fri., Feb. 19, 6:00pm
Fri., Feb. 19, 6:30pm
Fri., Feb. 19, 8:00pm
Sat., Feb. 20, 1:00pm
- Trial Under Way for Man Charged in Connection With Animal Crush Videos (Warning:...
- The Johnny Football Saga Enters a Dark, Sad Chapter