Astros' New Slogan: We Improve It Nine Different Ways
Just in case you haven't gotten Astros Fever, the team has come up with a way to infect you: a new slogan.
It's ""Root. Root. Root."
CAN YOU FEEL THE POWER?!?!
The team says "the slogan, inspired by the song Take Me Out To The Ballgame, will be prominently displayed on banners around and inside Minute Maid Park this season."
We have some better suggestions:
9. "Moot. Moot. Moot." -- What the point of discussing the team's title chances are.
8. "Schrute. Schrute. Schrute." -- Because the Astros are definitely Dwight Schrute-like and totally live up to his acronym "Determined, Worker, Intense, Good worker, Hard worker, Terrific." As much as he does.
7. "Coot. Coot. Coot." -- Actually, thew blew their chance at this; it would have fit well with some of the aged, decrepit veterans they were throwing out there before the rebuilding began in earnest.
Jose Altuve IS SO bigger than his bat
6. "Boot. Boot. Boot." -- An ode to the infield.
5. "Loot. Loot. Loot." -- In honor of what other teams did to former GM Ed Wade.
4. "Mute. Mute. Mute." -- What fans do when Milo Hamilton takes over the play-by-play.
3. "Hoot. Hoot. Hoot." -- Since fans are always hooting with laughter at Carlos Lee's efforts to play the field or run out a grounder, you might as well take advantage of it with a slogan.
2. "Cute. Cute. Cute." -- Tiny little Jose Altuve, trying his wee heart out.
1. "Newt. Newt. Newt." -- The Astros' chances of winning the division are about equal to Gingrich getting the GOP nod, although we would greatly enjoy it if both things happened.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.
- Rational East Texas Man Urges Violence and Tells Cops to "Step the Hell Aside"...
Sat., Sep. 5, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 2:30pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 6:00pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 7:00pm
- Texas Horse Racing Will Continue, At Least For Three More Months
- Court Calls Texas Churches Campaigning Against LGBT-Friendly Politicians "Paranoid"