Astros' New Slogan: We Improve It Nine Different Ways
Just in case you haven't gotten Astros Fever, the team has come up with a way to infect you: a new slogan.
It's ""Root. Root. Root."
CAN YOU FEEL THE POWER?!?!
The team says "the slogan, inspired by the song Take Me Out To The Ballgame, will be prominently displayed on banners around and inside Minute Maid Park this season."
Gridiron Glory: The Best of Pro Football HOF -- 10AM-3PM
TicketsFri., Mar. 31, 10:00am
Gridiron Glory: The Best of Pro Football HOF -- 3PM-8PM
TicketsFri., Mar. 31, 3:00pm
Gridiron Glory: The Best of Pro Football HOF -- 10AM-6PM
TicketsSun., Apr. 2, 10:00am
Rice Owls Men's Baseball vs. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs Men's Baseball
TicketsFri., Apr. 7, 6:30pm
We have some better suggestions:
9. "Moot. Moot. Moot." -- What the point of discussing the team's title chances are.
8. "Schrute. Schrute. Schrute." -- Because the Astros are definitely Dwight Schrute-like and totally live up to his acronym "Determined, Worker, Intense, Good worker, Hard worker, Terrific." As much as he does.
7. "Coot. Coot. Coot." -- Actually, thew blew their chance at this; it would have fit well with some of the aged, decrepit veterans they were throwing out there before the rebuilding began in earnest.
Jose Altuve IS SO bigger than his bat
6. "Boot. Boot. Boot." -- An ode to the infield.
5. "Loot. Loot. Loot." -- In honor of what other teams did to former GM Ed Wade.
4. "Mute. Mute. Mute." -- What fans do when Milo Hamilton takes over the play-by-play.
3. "Hoot. Hoot. Hoot." -- Since fans are always hooting with laughter at Carlos Lee's efforts to play the field or run out a grounder, you might as well take advantage of it with a slogan.
2. "Cute. Cute. Cute." -- Tiny little Jose Altuve, trying his wee heart out.
1. "Newt. Newt. Newt." -- The Astros' chances of winning the division are about equal to Gingrich getting the GOP nod, although we would greatly enjoy it if both things happened.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Houston, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.