Auto Theft: Ten Best Houston Neighborhoods to Get Your Ride Stolen
Houston can be a tough place to live without a car.
So getting it stolen is a real bummer. And here are the ten places where it's most likely to happen. We're not saying you need to avoid them, just be careful.
The stats are from December, and as always, HPD cautions against comparing raw beat statistics. And the numbers shouldn't be used to impugn entire neighborhoods -- sometimes perfectly fine locations can have numbers skewed by one small part of it.
With that in mind, the ten neighborhoods you're most likely to get your car stolen:
U of H Cougars Baseball v Texas A&M Corpus Christi
TicketsWed., May. 11, 5:00pm
Rice Owls Men's Baseball vs. Florida Atlantic University Owls Baseball
TicketsFri., May. 13, 7:00pm
Houston Dynamo vs. Real Salt Lake
TicketsSat., May. 14, 7:15pm
U of H Cougars Baseball v Tulane
TicketsThu., May. 19, 6:30pm
10. Beat 5F40 -- The Willowbrook Mall and environs. Eighteen auto thefts in December.
9 Beat 9C40 -- Greens Bayou Estates. Twenty-two thefts.
8. Beat 11 H10 -- Mason Park on the east side. Also 22.
7. Beat 13D20 -- Glenbrook Valley and the areas around it. Twenty-two again.
6. Beat 13D10 -- Gulfgate Mall and the area around it. The lucky number remains 22.
5. Beat 7C20 -- Kashmere Gardens. They got hit 23 times.
4. Beat 6B10 -- York Plaza, which had 24 incidents.
3. Beat 17E10 -- Southwest Memorial Hospital and Burnett Bayland Park -- 24 incidents.
2. Beat 3B50 -- Northline Mall and neighborhood had 25 auto thefts.
1. Beat 12D10 -- And the "winner" is Almeda Mall and the area around it, which saw 31 auto thefts in December.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.