The FBI has just released its bank-robbery statistics for the first quarter of 2010. A total of 1,183 financial institutions were robbed in the first three months of the year.
How well do you know your modern-day Pretty Boy Floyds?
1. Which ethnic group was most represent among the 1,380 individuals who robbed the banks?
2. How many of the 1,183 institutions robbed had no alarm system?
a) O, federal law mandates alarm systems
b) O, common sense mandates alarm system
c) 34, because some banks just like to live on the edge
d) 273, because "no alarm system" is commoner than you'd think
3. Of the 1,149 banks that did have alarm systems (No going back and changing previous answer, cheater), how many had them turned off at the time of the robbery?
a) O...come on, no one would be that stupid
b) 3 -- Someone had a real case of the Mondays and plum forgot
c) 12 -- Sometimes the things break, and robbers pick the exact right time (for them) to rob
d) 67 -- Because it's hard to get good help nowadays
4. How many of the 1,183 "victim institutions" had guards on duty at the time?
a) 51 -- guards are expensive
b) 298 -- guards are expensive, but some can afford them
c) 740 -- how else are you going to stop robberies?
d) 861 -- Same as above
5. Which is more popular, a note or an oral demand for money?
b) Oral demand
6. How many non-robbers were killed in the incidents?
7. How many robbers were killed in the incidents?
8. How many hostages were taken during incidents?
a) 0 -- that's just movie stuff
b) 3 -- some robbers watch movies
c) 12 -- it does happen, just not often
d) 35 -- happens more often than you think
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
9. Most popular day of the week for robberies?
10. Most popular time of day for robberies?
a) 6 a.m.-9 a.m.
b) 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
c) 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
d) 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
e) 3 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Answers after the jump!
How'd you do?
1-3 correct answers: A life of crime is not for you
4-7 correct: A little more research, and you to ocan be a bank robber
8-10 correct: Get ready for your security-cam close-up!