Bill White: Five Campaign Posters He Should Consider
Last week we presented Five Campaign Posters Rick Perry Should Consider.In the interests of fairness, we do the same now for Bill White.
It's a slightly tougher job with White, of course. Rick Perry is out there shootin' coyotes, secedin' from America, buildin' walls like crazy, and so on. Basically doin' anything that's right-wing, manly and doesn't require a "g" at the end of it.
Bill White isn't quite as...cartoonish, should we say? A bookish wonk trying to debate the issues: You try making a great campaign poster.
We made an attempt. Here are five:
5. If you can't beat `em, join `em
You can't just concede the macho vote to Perry; you've got to give him a taste of his own medicine.
4. Honesty is the best policy
All right, maybe the macho thing doesn't work. In that case, go the complete other route:
3. Further adventures in truth
Maybe the sunglasses will help with the coolness factor.
But is anybody listening?
1. The Sum of All Fears
Meryl seems to feel like most of Texas does, if the polls are to be believed.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.
- Federal Judge Vacates Tom Brady's 4 Game Suspension For Deflate-Gate
Sat., Sep. 5, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 2:30pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 6:00pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 7:00pm
- Is it Legal For Border Patrol Agents to Shoot and Kill Unarmed Mexican Kids—So Long as...
- Sam Houston State Student Arrested On 4-Year-Old Charge After Stupid Tweet About...