Booing Rick Perry's Plug for Dewhurst? Other Possibilities
They're NOT booing!!
The crowd at the state GOP convention was listening to a very Rick Perry-like speech from Rick Perry when all of a sudden he injected that "my friend David Dewhurst" should be sent to Washington.
Then, booing commenced. Or so the lamestream media would have you believe.
Perry, ducking reporters after the speech (according to media tweets), hurriedly said he thought the crowd was saying "Deeewww" in honor of the lieutenant governor, who's being opposed for the senate by Tea Party favorite Ted Cruz.
Somehow we don't think he really believes that.
University of Houston Cougars Football vs. Louisville Cardinals College Football
TicketsThu., Nov. 17, 7:00pm
Rice University Owls Football vs. UTEP Miner Football
TicketsSat., Nov. 19, 11:00am
SWAC Football Championship
TicketsSat., Dec. 3, 3:00pm
TicketsSat., Jan. 7, 7:00pm
But certainly no GOP convention would boo such an establishment figure as David Dewhurst?
There has to be another explanation.
5. Cruz: A crowd of Texas GOP delegates endorsing a rightwing nutjob by drawing out his name like Jose Cruz at the Dome? They're far too reasonable for that, aren't they? Aren't they?
4. Ooooh: As in, "Why, that's a great idea, Governor! Hadn't occurred to us before!"
3. Mooooo: If there's one thing David Dewhurst is known for, it's probably not agricultural issues involving cows, but maybe those GOP insiders know more than the rest of us do.
2. Looooo: For some bizarre reason, all the Brits in the audience started asking where the bathroom was.
1. Foooooo: Unfortunately, the clip ends before they got to the "Fighters" part of the chant, but that's exactly the sort of duplicitous editing you'd expect from the Obama-loving MSM.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.