Brett Favre, Sage Rosenfels, Etc.: The Pluses & Minuses of Potential New Texans QBs
With Texan quarterbacks falling like British Tommies at the Somme, speculation is rampant that the team might sign a veteran who would give them a better chance in the playoffs than rookie T.J. Yates.
We're not sure we buy into the theory, but the names being tossed around all come with advantages and disadvantages. Let's examine.
4. Brett Favre Disadvantage: His playoff performances in his NFL dotage were as uninspiring as his dick pictures. Advantage: ESPN coverage of the Texans increases exponentionally.
3. Daunte Culpepper Advantage: He is a self-proclaimed "Jedi knight" on the field. Disadvantage: Most depressing wiki sentence ever, in terms of his ability: "Culpepper was named UFL Offensive Player of the Week twice in the 2010 season." There are four teams in the UFL.
2. Jeff Garcia Advantage: Terrell Owens is no longer around to imply he's gay. Disadvantage: Got beaten out by Kellen Clemens when the Texans auditioned retired QBs after Matt Schaub got hurt.
1. Sage Rosenfels Advantage: Knows Kubiak's system from his Texans stint. Disadvantage: Does not know that the system includes a rule against going on fumble-inducing helicopter leaps into the air while protecting leads.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.
- Top 10 Super Bowl One-Hit Wonders (w/ VIDEO)
Sun., Feb. 7, 7:00pm
Wed., Feb. 10, 6:00pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 2:00pm
Wed., Feb. 17, 7:00pm
- Sheriff Hickman Shoots the Messenger, Pushes Back on Chron Jail Series
- Super Bowl 50: Five Best Prop Bets And Prediction