CUTE ALERT!! Rodeo Babies & the Kids Who Pet Them: 10 Winning Pictures
The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is a place where animals are born and some are sold off to die.
But we're all about the happy part here.
The rodeo lets you see newborn babes just making their first steps into the world, and it lets little kids from the city get up close with slightly bigger babes at the petting zoo.
Things can get kinda cute. As these ten photos by Allison McPhail demonstrate:
10. Big eyes for a big new world She already looks suspicious of things.
9. It's a piggie party! Hey you -- the wallflower on the top left -- come on out and get your piggie groove on.
8. Dis t'ing's a sausage fest, I'm tellin' ya Meanwhile, these two look like a couple of guys at the bar wondering where all the chicks are. Which is odd, really, because they are chicks.
6. "Don't slip away and I won't hold so tight" Lyrics not only applicable to "a child who's in flight," apparently.
5. "You've got your mother in a whirl..." "...She's not sure if you're a boy or a girl." But she's trying to find out.
3. Get yer own Already knows to keep a firm grip on the food.
2. Mama's tired, kids Y'all just feed yourselves, okay?
1. And so to bed Sweet dreams, baby.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Houston, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.