Enron Field: 10 Odd Items for Sale on eBay
Tomorrow is the tenth anniversary of Enron's bankruptcy filing. How do you plan on celebrating?
You could run up huge charges on your credit card, act like you're rich and then keep making the minimum monthly payments with new credit cards until the whole scam falls apart. Ken Lay and Jeff Skilling would like that.
Or you could go on eBay and look for items related to the Astros' proudest days -- when they opened a new downtown stadium called Enron Field.
Here's 10 items to consider.
10 Seat cushion "I was there"!!!! My ass was on this very seat cushion!!!
A better choice might have been "I don't recall whether I was there," to match testimony from Enron execs about meetings where shady dealings were discussed.
Current bid: $12.98
9. Pennant Suitable for waving at perp walks.
Current bid: $49.99
8. Christmas ornament Because the glow of that season's 72-90 record lasted easily until December. Hey, Astro fans would have taken it this past year. Sold for: $15
7. Pin First game played in August? Against the Mets? Sounds like some more fuzzy bookkeeping.
6. Postcard Having a wonderful time. Wish you were here. Wish I wasn't in prison, or working at McDonald's because I lost my pension. Current bid: $1.95
5. Commemorative coin Is there any better investment than a commemorative coin? Outside of Enron stock, we mean. Starting bid: $25
3. Another pennant If you look closely, you can almost see the city's shame emanating from the place. Current bid: $49.99
2. Ball It's a "limited edition"!! It must be valuable!
We're not sure, but we think Lou Pai used to hand these out as gifts to strippers at all the gentlemen's clubs he used to visit. Current bid: $38.47
1. New-employee packet Information on parking, commuting discounts and how to get to Enron Field; the left-side pocket contains all the advice necessary on how best to use your Enron stock in your retirement years. Current bid: $17.99
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.
- Prosecutors: Paxton's Hollow Outrage at "DEFCON 1"
Sat., Nov. 28, 2:30pm
Sat., Nov. 28, 7:00pm
Sun., Nov. 29, 12:00pm
Mon., Nov. 30, 7:00pm
- It's Either Triumph or Disappointment for UH and Rice This Weekend
- The "No Guns" Signs Are Back Up At The Houston Zoo