Five Former Houston Rockets' Garage Sales We'd Like to Attend
Pippen loved him some beanie babies.
With an NBA lockout looming this offseason, current players should take note of the financial misery of former Houston Rocket and future Hall of Famer Scottie Pippen. Once the right-hand man of Michael Jordan, Pippen has fallen into such difficult financial straits, he has had to hold a garage sale at his mansion in Chicago to help pay his bills. Items in Pippen's sale included some obvious things like Chicago Bulls memorabilia, typical garage-sale items like his Bowfinger DVD and lots and lots of beanie babies. Who knew?
Since Pippen did don a Rockets jersey for one very disappointing season, it got us to thinking what other former Rockets we would like to see have a garage sale and what they might be selling.
5. Matt Bullard Featured Items Include: used drums, baby clothing, an autographed picture of Chase Budinger (he loves that guy)
Bull doesn't really need the money. He just really likes people.
4. Clyde Drexler Featured Items for Sale: like-new University of Houston coach's playbook, used barbecue cooking equipment, knickknacks
He never used the playbook when he coached the Coogs anyway.
3. Moses Malone Featured Items for Sale: lamps, small furniture items, the Fonde Rec Center gymnasium
Since he owned the floor at Fonde, it makes sense he'd be selling it. Perhaps Hasheem Thabeet is in the market.
2. Robert Horry Featured Items for Sale: tools, first-place trophy from the Will Smith look-alike contest, two championship rings (Spurs and Lakers)
He's got enough rings. He can afford to sell a couple of them.
1. Calvin Murphy Featured Items for Sale: used batons, kitchen items and many, many men's suits
We recommend sunglasses to protect you from the glare of the clothing.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.