Five Reasons Kevin Sumlin Should Not Go to A&M
Even as Cougar fans are trying to enjoy their first BCS run, eagerly anticipating a CUSA title tomorrow, they are worried.
Texas A&M has fired coach Mike Sherman, and rumors are rampant that the Aggies will go after Sumlin as their next man.
You really can't blame Sumlin for moving up and likely making more money. But there are many reasons he should turn down the Aggies and stay here.
Like these five:
5. Repeated SEC ass-kickings Right now Kevin Sumlin has a glowing reputation. BY definition, any new coaching job he takes will involve a team that is not doing well, but with A&M he'll have the added touch of being forced to compete in the SEC. Every SEC school will be looking to humiliate a Texas team if for no other reason than recruiting. Every SEC fan will gleefully rub every loss in the noses of Aggies. It won't take long for things to go sour.
4. Houston's opera, ballet and theater Much better than College Station's. And we're betting Sumlin already has purchased a block of tickets for next month's production of La Traviata.
3. The Coogs will be even more successful next year FInally, injury-plagued Case Keenum will move on, opening up a spot for some real QB talent.
2. Slim Thug, Bun B & Paul Wall wrote a fight song You want a new fight song if the Aggies are successful? Who are you going to get to write it, the local Rascal Flatts cover band?
1. Because Cougar fans really want an actual successful coach to stay, just this once They can dream, can't they?
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.