Forget St. Elmo's Fire: Five Better Tim Tebow Remakes (From Slayer, Adele & Eric Clapton)
Adele: Underneath that dress is a Number 15 jersey.
The world has been blessed not only by the presence of Tim Tebow, but by the re-emergence of John Parr, who was so inspired by the need to make a quick buck that he produced a Tebow-ized version of his hit "Man in Motion (Theme From St. Elmo's Fire)."
To be honest, it wasn't exactly a song anyone had given much thought to, unless you were putting together a "Remember the `80s" show.
There are much, much better songs out there that can be made into Tebow homages. Like these five:
5. Adele: "Rolling In The Deep" British superstar (and voice) Adele tackles the Tebow phenomenon with her own twist on her modern classic.
There's a fire starting in Denver Reaching a fever pitch And it's making Mile High Stadium swoon Finally He can see you crystal clear Go ahead and print those championship shirts and he'll connect Tebow will find you in the deep Don't underestimate the things that He will do
4. Slayer: "Tebow Saves" America's most-beloved speed-metal band gets on the Tebow bandwagon, refashioning this cut from 1986's Reign in Blood in honor of the Denver wonderboy.
Tebow saves, listen to you pray You think you'll see the pearly gates When Denver takes you away
Tebow saves, no need to pray The gates of the stadium have turned to gold It seems you've lost your way
3. Morrissey: "This Charming Tim" Who knew about former Smiths singer and modern rock idol Morrissey's newfound love of all things Tim Tebow? The obsession is even more compounded by Mozz now recording an album dedicated entirely to the Christian QB. His Smith bandmates aren't too thrilled with him changing the lyrics at live shows either, further making any chance of a reunion impossible.
I would go out tonight But I haven't got a stitch to wear This man said, "It's gruesome that someone so handsome should care" Na, na-na, na-na, na-na, this charming Tim ... Na, na-na, na-na, na-na, this charming Tim ...
2. DC Talk: "Jesus Freak" The Christian Beatles reunite to rewrite their 1995 hit, all in the name of Brother Tim. What's it called? "Tebow Saves," obviously...
What will people think when they hear that I'm a Tebow Freak? What will people do when they find that it's true? I don't really care, if they label me a Tebow Freak There ain't no disguising the truth This Bronco is going to lead us into Super Bowl Week
1. Eric Clapton: "Cheers in Heaven" We were just as offended as you are when this track came to light. Originally written about his deceased son, guitar god Clapton takes the song to new jockish heights as a football ballad. WTF, Eric??
Beyond the locker room door there's peace I'm sure And I know there'll be plenty of cheers in heaven
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.