Get Your Tebow-Texans Week Started With...Memes!
It's never too early to Tebow
This week brings the Houston Texans -- suddenly the hot talk as Super Bowl contenders, undefeated, looking to roll -- into the Big Apple for a big-stage Monday Night Football game against the reeling New York Jets.
Adding to the drama is the fact that Mark Sanchez, the Jets' starting QB, has sucked, head coach Rex Ryan needs to make a desperate move to keep his job, and sitting on the bench, ready to come in and perform miracles at a moment's notice, is Tim Tebow.
You remember Tebow, the seemingly hapless God-fearing quarterback who kept pulling rabbits out of hats as he led the Denver Broncos on a playoff run last year.
He's in New York now, and it's the Texans job to face him. And if you're facing Tim Tebow, there are probably memes involved. That's just how he (He?) and God like it.
So here are five to get Texans-Jesus Game Week started.
5. Thou shalt be blocked, or tipped, or even intercepted, saith J.J.
3. Just in a different way. Call a passing play and see.
2. The Lord moves in mysterious ways. Just ask the Jets' payroll department.
1. Schaub will work with what he's got, especially if it's against the Jets' D.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.
- Federal Judge Vacates Tom Brady's 4 Game Suspension For Deflate-Gate
Sat., Sep. 5, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 2:30pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 6:00pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 7:00pm
- Is it Legal For Border Patrol Agents to Shoot and Kill Unarmed Mexican Kids—So Long as...
- Sam Houston State Student Arrested On 4-Year-Old Charge After Stupid Tweet About...