Hideous, Strange and Disturbing Photos from Houston Real-Estate Listings
HAR via Swamplot
Editor Gus Allen tells Hair Balls the photos are not merely picked on the basis of their oddity or horrendousness, although there's plenty of that.
"Listings photos are often so clichéd, especially if you spend a lot of time looking through them -- the same couches, the same angles. It's a terrific relief when you come across pix that have a little extra 'ooomph,'" he says.
The idea has caught on to the extent that most of the photos now are sent in by readers who troll the HAR listings for likely candidates.
Rice Owls Mens Basketball vs. Charlotte Mens Basketball
TicketsSat., Jan. 28, 7:00pm
Gridiron Glory: The Best of Pro Football HOF -- 10AM-3PM
TicketsMon., Jan. 30, 10:00am
Gridiron Glory: The Best of Pro Football HOF -- 3PM-8PM
TicketsMon., Jan. 30, 3:00pm
Super Bowl Opening Night Fueled By Gatorade
TicketsMon., Jan. 30, 7:00pm
Like the one above, which we're sure would absolutely cement a sale to anyone...who keeps a lot of dolls.
Here are a dozen others:
12. Tall people need not apply With the window, you never have to worry about claustrophobia.
11. Suitable for indoor soccer "I SAID, CAN YOU GET ME A BEER -EER -EER -EER -EER?"
10. Sorry, it's not a two-holer That has to be the nicest outhouse door we've ever seen, even without the traditional half-moon.
8. Do not look directly into the kitchen!! To avoid retinas being burnt to a crisp, you are advised to use one of those shoebox-with-a-hole solar eclipse things when entering this part of the house.
7. Thankyoumama, for buying this house Wise men say only fools rush in to this purchase.
5. The loneliest bear Don't jump, little bear!! You have so much to live for!!
4. Your decorating ideas may differ Sure, we'll toss in the mattress if you meet our price.
2. If these walls could speak Who needs Post-it notes?
1. Handyman's dream We gotta say, the outhouse looks more inviting.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Houston, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.